New York-New York City
Options

Where can I Rent a Wedding Gown?

Hi All, This is my first post and I have lots of time before the big day. I know I don't want to buy my wedding dress (don't try to dissuade me) but I don't know where to even begin my search for rentals. Has anyone had a fantastic experience with a place? Thanks!

Re: Where can I Rent a Wedding Gown?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    nope but you can borrow mine for free if you get it cleaned! what size do you need? 
  • Options
    peanut701peanut701 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another option is buying one second hand. Take a look at preownedweddingdresses.com
    DD born 11/20/11
  • Options
    subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually read a huge article in NY Mag about a year ago about this.  You might be able to find the archive of it on their website.
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • Options
    cmsavicmsavi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sigh, unfortunately the place outlined in that ny mag article closed. Thanks for the tip anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go out to either the Flushing, Queens or Bergen County (NJ), there are at least 3-4 wedding shops I've been to that rent gowns.  I ended up just buying my gown (Jim Hjelm) at Kleinfeld's, but tried on a bunch to rent in these various stores.  FYI these are Korean-owned places, as gown rental is a very common practice in Korea and even among Korean-American brides.  The practice is wider on the west coast, so it was hard for me to find stores that do this around here.  The best place in terms of service and selection is in Englewood, NJ - My Daughter's Wedding... the places in queens were just.... yuck... not well-kept.  prices were better, but selection and condition of the gowns were really suffering.Prices at all of these places are negotiable so really bargain as hard as you can... There is usually an option to buy for almost all the used / previously rented dresses and they are good about offering discounts.  Also bear in mind that typically, as a part of the package, they throw in shoes, veil and accessories.Hope this helps.
  • Options
    J+WJ+W
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Go to any bridal shop in Chinatown, Flushing or Brooklyn Asian American Neighborhoods and they all rent bridal gowns, bridesmaids, flower girls, MOB gowns etc. It's very common in Chinese Cultures as well. The bridal shops in Chinatown are more like a full service kinda place, ie usually packages come with photographers, BM, MOB Gown rentals etc. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too saw a place in Brooklyn that rented dresses. I just Googled it and found this place which had 2 great reviews on another website. Couldn't hurt to check them out (even though there website is a bit tacky): (718) 234-3442 Brooklyn, NY 11204 www.fancyweddingcenter.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards