New York-New York City
Options

Engagement pictures

So I have a shoot coming up and hopefully the foliage is timed right. We're shooting in October but my photographer (Joseph Lin) suggests that we use props? Balloons, engagement day flowers, etc. but isn't foliage enough? I'm afraid that its overkill. We're shooting in Central Park btw. -CR

Re: Engagement pictures

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmm I would say lose the props.  I can see balloons or something with a dirty city interior where they were contrast but IMO balloons in central park is a little cheese. . . I can see it adding color which could be cool but I seems a little "posey"have fun btw
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Joseph took our epics (pic in siggy) and we didn't use props, nor did he suggest it. I would skip them, it could start to look a little cheese IMO and not very natural.
  • Options
    stephaniequanstephaniequan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took our engagement pictures in the fall/early winter and Central Park was beautiful at that time. A bit chilly, but still gorgeous. I would say, if you're not comfortable with props, don't bring them. You want the pictures to be natural and capture who you as a couple are.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards