New York-New York City
Options

NYC Vendor Reviews!

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Gild Hall: A- Positive: We got upgraded to a phenomenal room without even asking.  The block rate was reasonable.  I found the service to be good and the staff was helpful. Negative: I know that some of my guests had check-in/payment issues.  They upgraded my mother, then tried to charge her for the upgrade.  I had to call them and report that my guests were not receiving their “out of town bags” EAP/Christine Viola: A+ Positive: From the very start she was kind and helpful and funny.  She hooked me up with a number of good vendors.  She talked me down from many a ledge.  When the button covers popped of my buttons she silently grabbed glue from her bag and glued them back on without me ever having any idea that anything was wrong.  She was always accessible.  Her rates are so reasonable and I am SO glad I used her. Negative: I don’t get to see her anymore now that my wedding is over. Flowers by Emil: A- Positive: Carmine is extremely friendly and easy to work with.  He never pressured me about my budget, but instead, made it work.  My centerpieces were gorgeous and I loved my bouquet. Negative: I wasn’t thrilled with my BM bouquets.  They were slightly sparse and there was a lot of visible floral tape. Agaton Strom: A+ Positive: Agaton was a dream to work with.  If I had a penny for every person that has seen my photos and called them “the best wedding photos” they’ve ever seen, I would be rich.  Honestly.  No request was too outlandish.  The turn-around time for my photos was incredible.  He was unobtrusive at the rehearsal dinner and at the wedding.  At the very last minute, as I expressed to him my disappointment in having to eliminate the photo booth due to “budgeting” issues, without hesitating (or charging me extra) he offered to set one up at the reception.  It was a HUGE hit and took the most PHENOMENAL photos.  I die.  My mother fell a little bit in love with him by the end of the weekend and still asks about him.  Honestly, I cannot say enough about how wonderful Agaton is. Negative: Like Christine, I don’t get to work with him anymore now that the wedding is over.  However, I’ve already spoken to my husband about using him to photograph every important event in our lives from this point on.  Bonnie Yoo/Bobbie Brown (Bloomingdale's SOHO): A Positive: After a few trials gone terribly wrong, I walked into the Bloomingdale's in SOHO and sat in Bonnie’s chair.  Thank God for that.  She listened to me… really listened.  I never worried about telling her that something was not right or I wanted to try something different.  The trials were free and her rates were very reasonable and I loved the way I looked on my wedding day.  She was totally accessible and checked in with me regularly in the months leading up to the wedding.  I would use her again and again. Negative: Nothing! Hank Lane/SoHo Rhythm: A+ Positive: My experience with HL was positive from the start.  The band was awesome and people are still talking about them.  They played a great mix of new and old, but it was all upbeat and fun.  They even let some of my guests jump on the stage and join in.  Highly recommend! Negative: HL doesn’t allow you to see the band before you the event.  Bridal Reflections: C+ Positive: My dress shopping experience was very positive at BR.  I loved working with Nawal and I felt very comfortable.  She gave me a discount on my dress before I even asked for it.  Negative: The alteration process was a complete disaster.  Each time I came in for a fitting something else was wrong.  Once, there was a STAIN on the dress, the seamstress sewed a strap in UPSIDE DOWN, stitches that were supposed to be on the inside of the dress were on the OUTSIDE.  With all of the sewing, un-sewing and re-sewing my dress was pilled in one spot by the time I picked it up.  When I saw it I literally started shaking.  At that time, despite expressing my disappointment, no concessions or apologies were offered.  Since the wedding, the GM of BR has had me come in with the dress.  She was mortified by the work, apologized profusely and given me a complete refund for my alterations.  She also cleaned it and preserved it free of charge.  Beware: the seamstresses at BR are amateurs. Double Diamond: C+ Positive: My experience with my driver was fine.  No problems. Negative: My husband’s limo experience was awful.  The (contracted) driver was terrible.  He had no idea how to navigate the city and the groomsmen were literally giving him directions to the church.  He was slimy and started hassling my husband for overtime as soon as we stepped out of the limo for photos.  The rate he was demanding was double what we were told that it would be.  We literally have photos of us arriving at the Seaport with this guy breathing down my husband’s neck.  He was awful.  I don’t recommend Double Diamond. Bridgewaters: A+ Positive: Beth was wonderful.  We loved our Bridgewaters experience. The view was unbeatable and the service and food were perfect.  The cake was gorgeous and our attendant was such a love.  They were flexible with the prices/menu and worked with us when our guest list dipped below our guaranteed minimum. Negative: Our signature drink for the cocktail hour, the Mojito, was not good…. At all. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} St. Ignatius Loyola: A Positive: Gorgeous church.  Friendly, helpful staff.  Everyone was quite responsive. Negative: The rates are pretty high and there is a lot of pressure to “upgrade” your (already expensive) music options. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Stacy Pitt/Styles on B: A- Positive: Stacy is sweet and accommodating.  She listens and really wants you to be happy.  She tried as many styles as I wanted at my trial to be sure that I was happy with my choice.  I really loved the way my hair looked for the wedding. Negative: Stacy suggested highlights for the wedding, but they turned out very uneven and brassy.  I’m not sure if she was rushing or if it was something with my hair.  I came in soon after to have them “fixed” but they still looked blotchy and bad.  She did a good job of hiding them so that they were not visible for the wedding.  I’ve had highlights many times before and I’ve never had anything like this happen.  Also- Stacy is so popular that it is sometimes hard to get an appt. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Calligraphy by Michele/Michele Clark: A+ Positive: Michele is wonderful and SO professional.  Her work is lovely and very affordable.  She is super organized and when I made a major scheduling error with the ordering of my invitations and she went above and beyond to accommodate me.  She was such a pleasure to work with and very, very responsive. Negative: Nothing! Papered Together/Invitations: A+ Positive: I had to have custom letterpress for my invitations and I looked at about 25-30 different companies before deciding.  Papered Together was by far, the best deal.  Krista was so helpful and responsive and she never got annoyed by all of my crazy requests.  She was patient throughout the process.  I adored my final product! Negative: Nothing!Photos and links to the vendors are available on my blog.  Hope this was helpful :)
August 2012's May Siggy challenge: Favorite TV mom:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: NYC Vendor Reviews!

• Options
    tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    swoon.sign.gush.i die. (yes I'm a dork) I've been flowing your blog and i've been so excited to see how your day unfolded! It's so fun to see how the balloons unfolded, the awesome photobooth that your got all the props for, the awesome necklace, etc etc!! My cousin anna used agaton for her wedding 2 years ago and i've also been obsessed ever since! You photos are incredible. From reading your blog, I feel like I know you and mr DD. And agaton totally captured the two of you and your personalities. You both looked so increb happy!! I loved how your silhouette cake turned out, and your menu's!! Your personal flowers were so purdy! And from what I could see the bm looked wonderful too. Can't wait to see the candy buffet and centerpieces. I too was a little in love with some of my vendors....like my photog. I talk to her NON STOP! and she is our resident photog as well! so happy everything turned out the way you wanted it too. i know this line is grossly over used...congrats on a beautiful wedding but even more congrats to a beautiful life together!!
  • Options
    tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwwww!  Thank you so much!  It's good to know that someone reads my blog :)It was a wonderful day and I couldn't be happier with the way things turned out.  I'll be posting the professional photos on my blog very soon!  Thanks for reading!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, hi! Another avid blog follower here. Love love love how your wedding turned out.  Everything was gorgeous!  Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :) loves it!! and julez, I'm totally awaiting details of your day! your so close!
  • Options
    gorjushgorjush member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gorgeous! everything looked divine! your dress was so classic and elegant, and you looked beautiful and radiant. so what's the story with the big red glasses btw? lol
  • Options
    esuvakesuvak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad that everything went so well.  It's funny how we used most of the same vendors, and we had equally good experiences (although no probs with double diamond - really should post my reviews soon).  For some reason, Agaton's website is blocked at work, but I can't wait to check out the pics when I get home!  Congrats!
  • Options
    tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, ladies!Beth: I remember we had many vendors in common.  Can't wait to read your reviews!The glasses were props from our "photobooth."  Many of them made their way onto the dance floor!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards