Wedding Etiquette Forum

Oh for the love of god

2»

Re: Oh for the love of god

• I'm so sorry for your mom, Kati. :-( That's awful.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • pumpkin was the first person i thought of. hands down her BSC aunt stories and her cousin that (correct me- beat up her dad?) are the best.i want to meet her aunt. Yep, my cousin punched my dad in the face over a dessert/dinner fork dispute. My aunt is certifiably BSC. So sad, but true. There's a lineup of people that want to meet her, lol.
  • Oh no tide I didn't mean why to you.  It was to why the heck would they have a reveal party?  I'm sorry!
  • Kati, that's really sad. My Dad never got over my mom. Even though they divorced in 97, he held out hope until he passed away. It's really horrible to watch, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Vogt, that's hella creepy and sad.Salty, someone needs to buy that girl a crate of condoms.
  • Kati, that's so sad for your mom. My mom and dad went through that too. (it was my mom leading my dad on though.) Finally, we had to explain to my mom that what she thought was being nice (taking dad to dinner, calling him to talk, buying him things) was really leading him on. She had no intentions of doing that, she just did what they'd always done when they got married. Any chance this is what your dad is doing and he doesn't realize what he's doing? And are you close enough to him that you could have a talk with him about it? Or would it devistate your mom more if he stopped having contact with her in that way?
  • Kati, sounds like he's trying to keep her on the hook just in case he changes his mind.I think it's more that he tries to maintain a relationship with her to ensure he gets to see my brother and me.  Neither of us were very close to him growing up, so the only time we really see him is when we go home for holidays, and he usually ends up tagging along with us to my mom's sister's.  Not sure how that's all going to work out now.  Hopefully now (or especially if he ends up marrying this woman) my mom will be able to find the closure she needs.
  • [i]My 12 year old cousin got pregnant and then haid the baby when she was 13. She had three more before she was 20 years old. [/i] Oh my.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Wouldn't it be great if after the reveal, she find out she is having the opposite?Its been known to happen...
  • Any chance this is what your dad is doing and he doesn't realize what he's doing? And are you close enough to him that you could have a talk with him about it? Or would it devistate your mom more if he stopped having contact with her in that way?My dad is pretty clueless socially so I doubt he realizes how unusual/ inappropriate it is.  My mom emailed him back that she is pretty much done with him and that he needs to keep his relationship with my brother and I entirely separate from her going forward.
  • Good for your mom! That sounds like a step in the right direction. Maybe this is what she needed to move on. Things were odd with my parents until my mom passed away and it was the saddest thing. My dad felt like he'd really lost his partner (even though they'd been divorced 3 years)..he was devistated. I'm glad she's taking the initiative to move on while she can get out there and enjoy herself (and hopefully meet the right person for her, if that's what she's interested in!)
  • My grandma had a discussion with me about birth control.  Even though I'm in my mid-twenties.  And didn't ask to have the discussion.  And she kept calling them "condors", as in "Make sure that Noodle wears those condors, so you don't have any babies.  Because I'm not babysitting them."Okay Mana.  Thanks.Noodle's grandma was...different.  When we first started dating, she asked Noodle's sister where "The Idiot" (his cousin) and "Coon Hips" (his other cousin) were. Apparently Grandma Noodle called her Coon Hips because she had bigger hips which Grandma thought only black people did.  I was sitting next to her when she did and his sister looked completely mortified.  I busted out laughing, because I'm grossly inappropriate. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• And she kept calling them "condors", as in "Make sure that Noodle wears those condors, so you don't have any babies. Because I'm not babysitting them."DED
  • I know, right?  I told Noodle and he was all "Does she think I'm into bestiality?  WTF?"

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Nugget, I cannot stop laughing. That is hilarious. Can I take a field trip to your family's house?
  • Ever since my grandpa died, it's like she's completely lost her mental filter. She told me at dinner once that I needed to make sure I started losing weight so I wouldn't look like a fat pig going down the aisle.  Then she said my winter coat was too small, and started fussing at Noodle about buying me a new coat.  And when he was all "why can't she buy her own coat?" Mana goes "You're going to be one of those cheap husbands aren't you?"She also left the greeting line at my grandpa's memorial service to cornered Noodle's dad, and fuss at him for not making Noodle propose to me because "somebody needed to whip his butt into gear."  I was so embarassed.  Mana, timing fail. *Sigh*

• OK, Noodle, be honest.  Do you make up some of this stuff?  It's almost too funny and outrageous to all be real.
  • No, I swear.  How do you think I got to be so f*cked up?  It runs in the family.  We're like a bunch of goddamn circus folk.

• I think we have the same grandma! That's totally something mine would do.My cousin recently got engaged. She tells everyone via a rolled up not at her "surprise engagement party" (it was a surprise for the guests, not her.) Anyway, Grandma unrolls the scroll and it says "Vogt's aunt and uncle are please to annouce the engagement of their daughter to Todd Lastname"So everyone's squeeling, and my grandma stands up and goes "Wait a minute. Weren't you married to this guy once before?" Cousin proceeds to blush and says yes. Grandma says "Didn't he steal all your money to buy drugs?" Mortified cousin says yes, but he's changed. Grandma says "Well, he better have. Your grandfather is dead now, so there's no way he can pay for your second divorce." I don't like my cousin and think she's an idiot, so I found this to be funny. Rude and completely inappropriate, but it gave me quite the chuckle.
  • That is absolutely fantastic.  We should get our grandmas together with Pumpkin's aunt and the lady who thought she had to go sit outside with her cat for lunch, and film it.  We could make millions.

• Yes! That's good reality tv :)
  • Sorry, I'm coming into this late. I commend you ladies for sharing your stories of crazy relatives. I'm sure I have stories too, but none come to mind at the moment. Oh, and Vogt, they named their kids Joe and Mary, as in Joseph & Mary, Jesus' parents? There's your first clue that they're BSC, right there.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • FSIL got married on saturday. FMIL pretty much planned the entire thing. she even picked out the cake topper, knife, and the sand ceremony stuff without FSIL. she is amazing but totally controlling. anyway she also went on a honeymoon with her BF after the wedding. she wanted to go to the same place but FSIL and her husband flipped out so she went to a different part of mexico. FSIL, her husband, FMIL, and her BF all went in the limo to the airport together. totally smothering!!!
  • They are hyper catholics, and I'm sure that's where the name Mary came from. The Joseph was after my uncle, at least. But yes, they're a whole other breed of crazy.
  • I think Piper uses too much !!!!!! and other punctuation to be "real".
  • i think its good logic you have to believe i am not a troll if i use a bunch of exclamation points!!!!!!
  • My 12 year old cousin got pregnant and then haid the baby when she was 13. She had three more before she was 20 years old. Along the same lines, some family members on my dad's side are from serious backswamp Florida. My dad had a cousin who was a grandmother at 29.Interesting twist, years ago a "developer" bought much of their land at a very low price...turned out the "developers" was Disney. 
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards