New York-New York City
Options

If you've never been to a GTG

You should definitely give it a try. This was my 3rd one and I had a freakin' blast. The first time, I was super scared and almost chickened out. But it's awesome to chat about wedding planning or wedding recap and not be judged. And you get ladies of all types coming! Next time, PLEASE come!
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: If you've never been to a GTG

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey lady!I had a blast last night, too - I'm just sorry that we took so long between the last one and this one.  Next time YOU have to bring some more of your gorgeous wedding pics for us to aah and ooh over, otherwise we'll turn you away at the door. ;)To everyone else: I just have to ditto Stina here.  I've been coming to these things since...wow...since early 2008.  I started going because I was new to the city, and FI (now H) wasn't interested in wedding planning at all, and I needed SOME outlet to talk to other women, about wedding stuff (and other stuff).  I've kept coming because almost all of the women I've met through GTG's have been absolutely fabulous people - one was even fabulous enough that I ended up conning her into being one of my bridesmaids this past spring.   ;)The first one is always a little scary for people (I don't know these women, what if they don't like me, what if I don't like them, what if they're secretly axe murders... ;)), but really, it's okay.  We always meet in a public place, and you don't have to give out your real name if you're uncomfortable with it - it's fine if you just want to be known by your knottie name-- so no worries about axe murderers.   And if you end up not liking the other women there, well, there's no rule that says you HAVE to keep coming if you're not having a good time.  Anyway, yeah - we know we've been lax about setting them up each month, but we're going to try to get better about that.  And we'd love to see more of you out there.Hope to see you all next time!  :)p.s.  If you want to see some pictures of what a GTG looks like, check my planning bio under "knottie gtgs."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    looks like you guys had fun, i'm sad i missed it... :(  work's been crazy and i haven't been getting online as much and i missed the plan...next time!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options
    Daniela1229Daniela1229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure what GTG is...Can someone elaborate?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Daniela,A gtg is a "get together," basically a girls night out for knotties (both engaged and married). It's  a chance for knotties to get together (usually at a restaurant or bar) to have a few drinks, some good food, and chat about all things wedding/FI/H/ILs related, and lots of other stuff. 
  • Options
    stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Daniela, the GTGs are also a great place to talk about the knot. Some of these girls have been on here for a couple of years!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, c'mon Stina.  The Knot is wedding-related, right?  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry I couldn't come! I hope to do the next one -- I hope we schedule it semi-soon! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards