New York-New York City
Options

Where to get wedding jewelry

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could suggest good stores in the city where I can find earrings that I can wear for my wedding next month. I'm looking for something long dangly earrings since I'm wearing a strapless dress and would like to know where to start looking. Thank you!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where to get wedding jewelry

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my necklace from Tejani but they have a great selection of earrings.Definitely a little pricey but amazing.
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i bought mine on etsy.com (not a brick and mortor store, but great selection!)
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Etsy. Also, the last time I was at Bloomindales, they had a ton of jewelry and not all of it was very expensive.
  • Options
    joebeth22joebeth22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On the lower end price-wise, but really pretty at a glance -- someone on this board or wedding bee suggested Sam Moon (just google him) and a costume jewelry place on Broadway between 31st and 32nd (NYC).  Have fun! Oh, I bought gorgeous rhinestone clip-ons (real vintage stuff) at an antique store that's on the way to David's Bridal, so I think it's way over on West 39th -- but east of David's Bridal.  This gal is a vendor inside with a lot of other shops, but she's the first one on the left.  Been there for years I think and has the most gorgeous stuff -- bracelets, earrings, brooches, shoe clips -- I mean, gorgeous.  My earrings were around $55... worth a look.
  • Options
    emeraldlover1emeraldlover1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my earings at bloomingdales and they looked amazing the day of the wedding.  They were nadri. Alternativley, Tejani is awesome and a lot of the bridal salons carry Haute Bride. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristen Nicole jewelry has affordable & beautiful jewelry;http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6559426she's a local designer so it'll be easy so shop; or get something custom made...I love her stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    gorjushgorjush member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wouldn't recommend the broadway store that's in the 30s b/c it's super cheap and more if you want something to decorate your bouquet or something like that. but if you walk further up past herald square, heading north on 6th ave- you will eventually come to a bunch of nicer jewelry stores - more like in the high 30s on 6th (37/38/39th etc).
  • Options
    chertylchertyl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you where NOT to buy...Swarovski.  My mom bought an entire set for me, which I didn't end up using, and is now having a nightmare of a time trying to return the necklace.  They took the earrings and bracelet, but rejected the necklace b/c it lacked an original box, although she returned it in the box that was given her from the store.  Poor and inefficient customer service and inflexible policies!The jewelry I actually wore was from Bloomingdale's and I love it.  It was all CZ, but very real looking.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorjush! It's you! I remember you writing to me that you bought your gown at RK Bridal.  I'd been to a lot of more expensive places and after reading your post decided to go to RK and bought there too.  A BIG Question -- there are horror stories about the alterations, and I may want some fairly 'creative' things done.  Did you use their seamstresses? p.s. sorry to have piggy-backed on your post about jewelry, but I did try to help... albeit with some lower-end ideas.  Of course, we all know Bloomies, and Saks, et al!
  • Options
    gorjushgorjush member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi joebeth :-) i actually didnt buy my dress there (i bought it in orlando where i got married) but maybe i said it wasn't such a bad place?? are you confusing me w/someone else?? lol! i tried on some stuff at RK but for convenience sake bought in my hometown (which is where i originally saw the dress anyway). what gown did you end up buying??
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!! I bought/ordered the Maggie Sottero Michele in diamond white and have had my doubts ever since.  Think I pulled the trigger too fast on this.  It was beautiful on.  The tightly beaded top and corsette back.  Ya know, her dresses really fit a woman's bod and I love her natural waists (the super drop waists don't look great on me but this one does).  So it glistens and gleams, but it's so blah on the bottom, ordinary, predictable. You know?I'm jazzing it up a bit (in advance of its arrival) with Something Bleu shoes (gorgeous rhinestone brooch on them) and may wear these fab lace gauntlets plus a stretch rhinestone bracelet over one wrist/gauntlet to keep it funky)... so I'm trying to make this dress look less conservative, a little more playful.  T r y i n g! BUT, I actually have an appoint at Pronovias Saturday cause I want to try on the Nicole and maybe a few others, and I think, Bridal Garden (worn dresses cause if I'm gonna cheat on my dress maybe the second one shouldn't be too expensive?). I would actually think I've gone insane except I've seen a bunch of posts where the girls wind up with two dresses! What do y'all think? Gorjush?
  • Options
    tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with the bridal consultant at the 59th Street Bloomies.  I loved my jewelery though it was a bit more than I had hoped to spend...
    August 2012's May Siggy challenge: Favorite TV mom:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    gorjushgorjush member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you may end up spending more on the alterations to make the 1st dress right than if you were to get a new 2nd dress... and even then the alterations may not be so exciting or as great as you originally thought. it's good to look at a few more options. there are tons of pre-owned gowns out there looking for a new home as well, so you may want to consider going that route.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards