Wedding Etiquette Forum

Pick One

We're stumped on the honeymoon.  Srsly.  Two hotels, same area, both by the ocean.  We really love them both.  I'm actually thinking of just staying 2 nights at both since they're literally right next to each other, but we hate packing and unpacking and repacking, and 2 nights isn't long enough to hang sh*t up.  So here's the basic layout of them both, and you tell me which one you would choose and why.Hotel 1 - suite is in a new wing just built in July.  It has a balcony, and the room is pretty big, lovely furnishings but rather spartan (think European).  Has a jacuzzi, but it's in the bathroom so no good views from it.  The main room has AMAZING views. The pool has a great view and a swim up bar.  It comes with breakfast, lunch and free drinks until 7pm.  Hotel 2 - suite is not new but much more "cozy" (ie smaller).  The room layout is really neat (one big room) and the furnishings are more "local", but no balcony.  Room also has awesome views - jacuzzi is in the same room as the bed so views are available.  The pool is a bust - small, no view, no bar.  It comes with breakfast only, but the cost is $120 less than hotel 1.Hotel 1, Hotel 2, or 2 nights in each?  Halp.PS - I can post the hotel websites if wanted, but I don't want to come off as "oh look where I'm staying I'm so kewl!" because that's rude and ugly. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: Pick One

• Hotel 1 sounds better to me all around.
  • Post em. But I'd definitely do number 1.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Number 1.  The extra money sounds worth it.
  • Even though it's more expensive, #1 sounds ten times better.
  • 1, no question about it. I wouldn't be so worried about the view when I'm in the hot tub, that would be either not used at all, or used at night... The pool would be a huge thing for me and I love swim up bars. You say 2 is 120 less than 1, but how much is 4 days of lunch for 2 people going to cost you in a resort town?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I would go with 1, because I like a balcony and a good pool, and two meals per day included is nice.If I were you, I'd look at each of the amenities at each hotel and rate them important, kind of important, or not at all important.  Whichever one does better on the important amenities is your winner.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I feel like I'm on "The Price is Right"- Go with door #1!!!
  • How much do you think you'll spend on lunch and drinks before 7 each day?  Do you really think you'll sit in the jacuzzi and admire the view?  Will you go in the jacuzzi at all?  Jacuzzis in hotels skeeve me out.  But that's just me.  Pending answering of those questions, I'd say hotel #1.  But saving 120 bucks a night might really be worth it if you don't think you'll make up for it in lunch and drinks.  Or if you REALLY want to check out the view from the jacuzzi.  What else could you do with that money (it's almost 1000 bucks for 4 nights! that adds up fast)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Unless it's just 120 less TOTAL.  Then, not so worth it, you'll definitely make that back in free lunches and drinks.

• Only because Fischy asked.Hotel 1 - [url]http://tinyurl.com/l2rd6m[/url].  Scroll to the bottom of the screen where there's a bunch of pictures of the Penthouse Suites.  We're looking at Penthouse 4.Hotel 2 - [url]http://tinyurl.com/lzfy3y[/url].  We're looking at the one at the top of the page which is the Jacuzzi Penthouse suites (more pictures are in the "Our Suites" section.It's Costa Rica, so "penthouse" isn't as fancy as "penthouse" in like, New York or Vegas or something.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• J&K - Noodle can easily drink his weight on booze before 7.  Easily.  This is leg one of the trip, the relaxation leg, so we aren't planning on doing any big excursions or adventures that will have us up and out of the room each day by noon.  We might to some tours but it will more than likely be in the afternoon. And its an extra $120 per night, so an extra $480 total.

• Honestly?  I think #2 looks just as nice, if not nicer with the cozy furnishings. But if you want to hang out by the pool all day go with #1 (although #2's pool doesn't look bad). Also if you drink a lot the free drinks on #1 may help.
  • Haha, math FAIL for me.  I can't believe no one caught it.  480 is not even close to 1000 bucks.  With that said, I think #1 for sure.  Especially if the plan is relax, aka lay by the pool and drink!  It sounds lovely.

• Yeah, but costa rica may have cheaper drinks. Especially if you buy a 6 pack and stock the room fridge with it (this is what DH and I did on our HM.  We're klassy like that).
  • Hotel 2 Save the $120 day to spend on lunch and drinks. Go down the beach and go to hotel 1 pool
  • I think it depends on if you plan on hanging out in/at the hotel for a significant portion of the time. If it were FI and I, we would do #2. When we vacay, we are rarely at the hotel, just sleeping. Both do sound great!
  • Oh, and I guess the toilets in Hotel 2 are behind swinging saloon style doors, so you can hear everything.

• bathroom privacy may be worth $120 a night. Depends on how quickly you want to romance to leave your marriage.
  • *the* romance (sorry)
  • #1 for sure.  I love balconys.  Especially if they are private.  AND a swim up bar?  bonus. #2 doesnt have a place you can do #2 in private?  deal breaker.  We stayed at a very nice room in Belize and the huge bathroom had walls that didnt go all the way to the top.  Whats the point of a door?  I asked DH to go out to the balcony everytime I went to the bathroom or I turned on the faucet. no one wants to hear bathroom activities.
  • OH. I change my answer. # 1. All the way. Yeah. #1.
  • OH. I change my answer. # 1. All the way. Yeah. #1. See!!  It looks so much nicer but Noodle is wavering at the extra $480 cost.

• LOL there are just some things that truly are... "priceless."
  • You deserve # 1
  • #1-it sounds a lot nicer & worth the extra expense
  • wow they are both amazing! but i think you better go with number one. i would want the balcony to sit out and have drinks on in the evening if it was me.
  • somethings need to remain a mystery.  $480 is worth your sexy factor.   Listening to your husbands bladder and bowel activities  is not the way to start a marriage.  Wait till you are 80.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards