Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

vent: adding guests

crap. not like i didnt expect the adding of random guests to happen, because it happens to everyone, but i just sent my invites 2 freakin days ago and the first 2 responses ive gotten (by phone and in person, none have been mailed back yet of course) were "i will probably bring someone but dont know who yet"neither of them were invited with guest, or dating anyone currently or even recently, and on top of that, both already knew our policy of "no relationship, no date". and they will both know about half the people there so its not like they will be sitting alone.grr. i know it happens to everyone im just feeling nervous now because its the first 2 responses so im worried this will be what everyone says now.just... grr.and yes, i explained to both of them. and reminded them very nicely that we had discussed this in the past.  

Re: vent: adding guests

• Options
    Out of curiosity, how did they respond when you reminded them of the 'no relationship, no date?'I'm always morbidly curious to find out how people react...did they get defensive, were they contrite?  Just an "oh, yeah" type response?
  • Options
    I have had several people do this as well.  It is so frustrating!  I am majorly non-confrontational.  How did you approach them after this?  Thanks! 
  • Options
    well i had to leave one girl a message about it.. i was really apologetic and all, and explained i just cant afford it but that she would be sitting with all her friends... and that i didnt want anyone else to feel bad that she was the only one allowed to bring a date... she is the type to be upset about it though so we'll see.the other one, he was like, "oh. well yeah, i knew that. no problem" and just kinda changed the subject. it was akward.
  • Options
    "Oh. Well yeah, I knew that (but I thought I'd try to sneak it in under the radar anyway)"
  • Options
    I actually didn't have ANY people do this to me. I don't know how we managed to escape this, but we did.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards