Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Honeymoon atire?

I didn't realize this was the "thing" to do, but when we landed in Maui and were waiting for our bags, there were a good 5-7 girls that were all wearing "Bride" or "Just Married" shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, flipflops, etc. The weirdest thing I saw was a girl who still had her garter on. I guess I missed the memo on that one and just wore normal clothes.
My Grandparents on their wedding day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
bio
Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.

Re: Honeymoon atire?

• Options
    I just wore normal clothes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    What were you thinking? You have to at least have the mandatory bride cap. Otherwise your marriage isn't valid.
  • Options
    The weirdest thing I saw was a girl who still had her garter on. Haaaahaahahhaahaha, that's funny.  Funny ridiculous.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, no! Without that cap my marriage is doooooooomed!
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Of course it's the "thing to do" according to the places that sell that crap.
  • Options
    I think the only reason I'd wear that stuff is to maybe get free upgrades.A little while ago, FI and I went to Disneyland with some friends, who bought us the bride and groom ear hats, and got us the "just engaged" buttons as well as kind of a joke (we'd been engaged for over a year).  We got SO MUCH special treatment, and mostly from cast members that we didn't know.  After about the fourth person who gave us front-of-the-line passes out of the blue, we decided to wear the buttons every time we go.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Wait, youre supposed to wear clothes when on your honeymoon? I was planning on packing light, and I mean REALLY light.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ha.  I did wear a garter  around our room on the honeymoon  just because I didn't during the wedding/reception, but I can't imagine a) wearing that around an airport or b) wearing the kind of outfit that shows off a garter while traveling.  I was always told to dress presentable while traveling. And I never owned anything that said "bride" on it except for a makeup bag that FMIL bought me.  I'm still using it because it's a big bag. Is that bad?
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I'm thinking after a 5 hour plane ride, a garter wouldn't be that comfortable.
    bio
  • Options
    I saw quite a bit of this, but I definitely wore regular comfy clothes to travel, just like always. The only people I cared about knowing we were married were my husband and I, not random airport strangers. There was one chick at the airport who had on a pink "Bride" velour tracksuit, and her wedding hair was still done. I guess maybe she just slept sitting up?
  • Options
    I wore normal clothes when I went on my first honeymoon, but I admit my hair was still in my (half) updo. Apparently that was the thing to do (at least back then) since we saw several very tired looking women on the same plane, all with hair still up :-)
  • Options
    Those would be the people FI and I were laughing at not so discreetly.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Dude, it's your HONEYMOON, you're supposed to go nekkid - didn't you get the memo?
  • Options
    Sometimes people did this because there is a myth the airlines will bump you to first class if they know it is your honeymoon. I have never heard of this actually happening.
  • Options
    When I was in Maui  I saw a couple wearing matching "Just Mauied" tees. Yuck.
  • Options
    "Just Mauied" tees.Hahahahahaha.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I can't wait to laugh at all the newlyweds when we go on our anniversay trip (it's looking like we're going to St. Lucia-- so much for Disney World).We'll be all rested and stuff with our banged up rings and they'll all look like hell with their shiny new rings. Bwa ha ha.
  • Options
    Uhhh...Peyton. If you don't think this happens in first class, you've got another thing comin'.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Ya'll are totally taking all the fun out of my 'Just Married' tank...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards