Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR - T-shirt design

So, my team is hosting a tournament, and I'm designing t-shirts for it.  I have a cool design for the front, but the back is giving me fits.  I want to list all the schools playing, but that alone looks awfully. . . plain.  Any suggestions?  Shirt will be turquoise.  The writing in the image will actually be white, and the graphic will be purple, not black.  Back can be either white or purple ink.[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/l77nxy[/IMG]
DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
Mom to J: 2011
Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485

Re: NWR - T-shirt design

• Options
    Could you do the back with the schools in the shape of a softball or whatever the sport is?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Volleyball. . . I am so not good enough to make text do that in any of my limited graphics software.  Cute idea tho!
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Do you have Publisher as part of your Microsoft Office?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Yeah, and while I can angle things and all, I don't have a clue how to make a volleyball out of text.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    There is a thing on there where you can curve the words. I don't remember where it is off the top of my head, but I can figure it out if you want. I made a curved shield this summer.
  • Options
    </b>Yeah, the word art thing, but I can just get a circle or an arch.  I would need parallel arches, which are uber tricky to do. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    I'm working on it right now. I'm really bored. Unless you don't like this idea, thats cool too :)
  • Options
    Go for it!  I'm not bored enough to keep fighting with it, unfortunately.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    Ok, cool. Its taking time, but I have it figured out. I took a clip art volley ball, I'm 'tracing it' with the words and then I'll take away the clip art :D
  • Options
    Its probably going to take me an hour. Will you be on that long?
  • Options
    Yep, I'll be here.  (FYI, I'm actually IN Louisville, btw.  But, I used to live in Lex - that's where you are, right?)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    Oh cool! We'll you'll recognize a lot of the names I'm randomly throwing in there. But I've run out of names and using names like Jessica Smith. You can click on them and change them to whatever you want. I just want to get the basic shape for you. Yes, I'm in Lex :)
  • Options
    [IMG]<a href="http://i31.tinypic.com/w0rhpw.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://i31.tinypic.com/w0rhpw.jpg</a>[/IMG]
  • Options
    [IMG]<a href="http://i28.tinypic.com/2q39ipw.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://i28.tinypic.com/2q39ipw.jpg</a>[/IMG]
  • Options
    Sorry, I can't post more than one picture in a post, it breaks the code for some reason. Anyway, I just pasted the names over the lines to get the shape and then moved the picture to leave just the names. We could put some lines in it, like dashes to seperate the schools? Its not perfect obviously, but what do you think? I wish Salt was here, she woudl be able to tell me what to do.
  • Options
    Nice!  my email is squirrly103 at gmail dot com.  I'd have never gotten that lined up.  Not nearly enough patience.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    I have been working on guest list addresses with FI.  Oh, such fun. . .
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    Thanks! YGM So where is your wedding/reception? We're at St. Paul and then the Captians Quarters.
  • Options
    I'm not touching that. His mom is insisting we invite cousins 3 times removed (family only apparently = anyone who was ever even slightly in the family) so she gets to get all the addresses for her side. I only have 5 coming, so I got that.
  • Options
    We're actually in Georgetown (my parents still live there) and all of it's at Canewood.  FI's family is from Boston, MA, so that makes logistics interesting.  Our friends live, literally, all over the world (Alaska, Germany, California, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, and a few deployed to Iraq right now).  I have family scattered about, too, so. . . it's mostly all OOT guests for us, except my immediate family and our co-workers.  No drama with guest list at all -- I think we're 10 over what we want.  And there are definitely some people that would be easy to cut.  So, that'll work out.  Now, my sis did inform me that she would HAVE to be the maid of honor, and after fighting for 2 weeks (i wanted just Bridesmaids, no "of honor", & FI has just groomsmen, no "best man"), I just gave up.  She never did get it that she was being bridezilla, and she's not the bride.  But, oh well.  All in all. . . going well.  And - we really like Captain's Quarters.  But, it's always dark by the time we get there!  :D
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    Man thats crazy! How many people are you inviting? I had an interesting situation with my attendants. I was going to have 3, but I never officially asked anyone. One girl didn't care about the bridesmaid part, she just wanted to plan the B-party. She knew she wouldn't be maid of honor and she didn't care. When I had to cut back to family only, we decided to just have our maid of honor and best man. This girl FLIPPED that she wasn't included anymore. Sheesh Hmm, I don't think it will be dark, I'm hoping sunset. 6:00 in May? Crap, i didn't think of that. Awesome.
  • Options
    We have 130 on the list right now, hoping to mail 120 invites, and have 100 - 120 attend.  I wasn't trying to worry you about the dark - I just meant that we always get started late if we're going there, and it's 20+ minutes from our house, and then there's a 30 minute wait, and then we eat at 9:30 at night.  :D
    DIY & Planning | Married 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards