Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Tell me...

you all are doing something better than me today. I am working this nice Lador Day Weekend of course. Foxwoods later this weekend for Mike's 25th! Quarter century, my my.

Re: Tell me...

• Options
    Reading about Roman art, eating Cheerios, and planning on making zucchini bisque soup later. My life definitely isn't all that exciting.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Yep, I'm getting started on a batch of salsa to can, and then we're going to see our friends for a 30th surpise birthday party for another friend.  Much drink will be consumed.
  • Options
    Sarah, I may just have to zip down to delaware for dinner!
  • Options
    I'll have to work one day this weekend . . . haven't decided which one. And also deciding on a bike ride (where) BBQ (when). Right now - knotting while DH is at the gym.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm at home sick :( And it's a gorgeous day outside too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    It is a pretty good soup, if I do say so myself. The main ingredients are zucchini, butter, heavy cream, and fresh basil. I'm going to eat one helping for lunch and put the rest in little tupperwares. All part of my campaign to eat more soup.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Les, love your bouquet... what are the darker purple flowers in it? College roommate wants an assortment of purples and blues in her bouquet.
  • Options
    Picking up my veil.  That's about it!  And waiting for FI to get out of work at 3:30.I'm turning 26 NEXT weekend.  I wish I was still only going to be a "quarter of a century"!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Thanks! They're dark purple carnations. There's a couple of PIPs in a post (paging me) from yesterday on this board (page 2 of the list). My florist did an amazing job with lavender hydrangeas, coolwater roses, purple carnations, and poppy pods. She also did a 3-foot long arrangement for the head table that was just gorgeous.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    fun! ::runs over to check out PIP from yesterday::
  • Options
    I just spent the last hour taping off my hallway and stairwell so I can paint when FI gets home and drags my ladder upstairs. I'm home sick too, so I figure I can at least be slightly productive while I'm coughing and sneezing. FI kindly reminded me last night that the wedding is in a little over a month and I should probably finish decorating the house at some point before then.
  • Options
    I had 3 beers last night and now I have a hangover. WTF?
  • Options
    Geez Ricks, you're such a lightweight! You should take this hangover time to finish your book so we can talk :P
  • Options
    I am working my second 14 hour day! But tomorrow I'm headed to nashville for some serious shopping on sunday and monday, accompanied by serious girl time. Monday I will be meeting missamory!! I know that's not a weekend plan but I'm excited anyway! And then FI and I will hit the county fair that night :)
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Gah, I know Vogt! I need to bet my a$$ in gear and study for my first chem test. I loath chem.
  • Options
    ummm bet= get
  • Options
    Oooh, I always hated chem. I was good at it, but it sucked so bad that I just gave up. I finished book 3 the other night, and have just a few more shows to watch in Season 1. FI is hooked on the show now too, but I have no idea how we're going to wait until next summer when Season 2 comes out on DVD!
  • Options
    Vogt my H knows a site where you can download movies and even True Blood 2 for like 50 dollars a year. Do you want me to ask him about it when he wakes up?
  • Options
    Ooh, yeah, that'd be awesome. Thanks!
  • Options
    It's a another crappy day here in the island.  Which is VERY unusual.  We normally do not get one full rainy day, let alone 2 in a row. DH just left of work.  Then we have a surprise 50th party for one of his guys.  It should be interesting because we do not speak spanish and all of the guests do. Tomorrow is our 1st anniversary.  Not sure what we are doing yet.  I guess it's weather permitting.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Okay I will ask him. Remind me if I forget.
  • Options
    Tomorrow is our 1st anniversary.Awww congrats!!!Are you exchanging gifts? Mine is in a month and I don't know if we are or if we are just going to splurge a ton on our weekend at the Vineyard.
  • Options
    Also I am going to pick up my very first lab coat today ith my new married name embroidered on it! Then I have a snow crab and shrimp boil that my friends are throwing for me tonight in my honor for my b-day last week.
  • Options
    Are you exchanging gifts?I am.. Not sure about him.   Traditionally is the paper anniversary.  He went to school for graphic art, but left that to become a chef.  I bought him a sketch pad and charcol and colored pencils, easers, etc.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Very nice and thoughtful... I was thinking of doing scratch tickets hahaha.
  • Options
    DH LOVES scratch-offs.  Whenever we are in NY he buys them.  He will take special walking trips just for them.  He never walks here.

• Options
    Ugh, I am reading an article on Roman portraiture that is absolute nonsense. Why must so much of the literature on Roman art be so terrible?
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards