New York-New York City
Options

Calligraphy Cost

Hey all! What is the average price of calligraphy for the outside of the main envelope? My invitation lady mentioned doing it on the computer so I don't know if that makes it cheaper.. I forgot to ask her today! =(  Thanks so much!!!

Re: Calligraphy Cost

• Options
    lizdalizda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doing the calligraphy on the computer should make it significantly cheaper- roughly 39 cents per envelope.   I used  Maureen Campion for hand calligraphy for my invitations- she was amazingly affordable, 75 cents total for both the inner and outer envelope and she did a beautiful job. I was very happy with her work. We did have our place cards done using the computer and I was also very happy with how they came out. We used inkspun calligraphy. we also used them for our programs and menus and with them, nothing cost more than 49 cents. i was really happy with how everything turned out.
  • Options
    leebeenycleebeenyc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a computer calligraphy from Tampa Calligraphy, it was 50 cents an envelope and looked great, I found hand calligraphy was a lot more. 
  • Options
    tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid Michele Clark $1 per outer envelope.  Computer calligraphy is much cheaper, but in my opinion, not even comparable to hand calligraphy.  If a real calligraphy look is important to you, you've got to go with the real deal...
    August 2012's May Siggy challenge: Favorite TV mom:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michele Clark has gotten more rave reviews on here than I can count!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think inkspun is very good.  And I agree hand calligraphy may be nice, but if budget is a concern, you can't go wrong with computer calligraphy. Plus, of all the weddings I've attended, I only kept the invitations and programs - the envelopes long thrown out.  So while it may look nice, most folks really care about what's on the inside that they keep.  GL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I I had hand calligraphy done by someone I found on Etsy - DancingPen . She was $1.50 per outer - we LOVED her work!!!
  • Options
    Jamilynn627Jamilynn627 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Michele Clark at $1 per outside envelope. We also had her do our placecards for $0.25 each.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lizda, Can you tell me how to get in touch with  Maureen Campion for hand calligraphy, if possible u can email the info at mrs.garcia2010@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards