New York-New York City
Options

Cocktail welcome reception in Manhattan

We are going to skip the normal RD for a cocktail welcome reception on Friday night instead.  We are looking for somewhere to host a two hour open bar (probably from 8pm to 10pm). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Cocktail welcome reception in Manhattan

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a "headquarters hotel" that most of your guests might stay at?  This would be a great place to start.What neighborhood are you thinking of? 
  • Options
    lizdalizda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Battery Gardens. The location is beautiful and the cocktail setup is amazing. We just had our reception there and my guests raved about the food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a similar thing for the Friday night before the wedding at The Smith. It's on 3rd ave and has a private room. The prices are extremely reasonable for NYC.
  • Options
    kriserinkriserin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pescatore on 2nd Ave and 51st has a section of the resturant now that is a wine bar with great small plates.  I know a friend of mine went to a cocktail reception there and said it was great.  The food is always good and light so you can do mainly drinks.
  • Options
    amyearleamyearle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all your suggestions. I just contacted The Smith.  We havent yet chosen a hotel but I agree that would be ideal. We have reached out to the Empire Hotel but havent heard back yet. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards