Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

first fitting

how soon before the wedding do you go for your first fitting?

Re: first fitting

• Options
    My wedding was October 4th. I went for my first fitting at the end of August.
  • Options
    I just went for mine last Saturday for our 10.24.09 cermony.
  • Options
    Typically you want to do 3 fittings before the wedding. I would schedule your last one no fewer than a couple weeks before the wedding and then do the first one maybe 2 months out. Just put the 2nd one between the first and last somewhere.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think my first fitting was about 6 weeks before the wedding.  You should talk to your seamstress too because it is also party based on her schedule.  If you just assume 6 weeks, and then call she might be booked already, especially if you are trying to do it during wedding season.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My first fitting is scheduled about 10 weeks before the wedding, so I'll have time for a second one if needed.
  • Options
    My first was 6 weeks out. I went back 3 weeks later for a follow up and everything was fine. I opted to keep the gown at the salon until the week of the wedding, I thought it would be safer there than in a room at my home with the cats around it. My Mom and Sister came along with me to pick it up so I could try it on one last time and they could go over how to bustle it.  
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    my date is 10/30/09. maybe my dates will give you an idea of timing. 1st fitting - 8/1 2nd fitting - 9/26 final fitting - 10/24
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards