Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Brie

I was catching up on old posts this morning and I saw you said the only bride local to your wedding is polichik.Did you forget about me?
Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio

Re: Brie

• Options
    No!  I was going for super-local, since polichik is actually in the specific suburb we're getting married in.I could never forget about you, dear.  :)  I am honestly surprised there aren't more Chicago P&E-ers, though. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I wasn't sure if it was good because I don't annoy you or if I was just that forgettable.  I forgot she's in your suburb.I can't believe there aren't more P&Eers from Chicago either.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    No, no worries!  You neither annoy me or are forgettable.  You would also fit right in at our reception, being an Italian bride and all! 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love Chicago.Except the Bears.That's all.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I love Chicago. Except the Bears. That is all.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    J&K and Fishy-Thanks for your input. :0)Brie-I went to a reception at Maggiano's and it was delicious.  I am envious of your reception, although our food is pretty damn good, too.
  • Options
    I'm not actually a Bears fan, so we're cool.FI and I have been debating becoming Chiefs fans.  We can't become Royals fans living here, because we are already die-hard fans of the Sox/Cards, but neither of us have followed pro football before.  So, we might go for it. 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Brie I was hoping you were a Bears fan.  That still leaves me as the only Bears fan on P&E.
  • Options
    They are hard to come by gkb.And for good reason.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Most of my family is Bears fans or Colts fans.  I never really got into the pro football so much.  I like college football, though. 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm from Chicago!  I'm still fairly new, so I don't think I'm ready to be classified as a "P&E-er." 
  • Options
    Sure you are.  That plus the KC connection makes you solid in my book.Also, if I remember correctly, your wedding dress is awesomely fantastic.  Didn't you post it once on the Dress board?  (Yes, I have a freaky good memory.)
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  I believe I did post in the dress board.  I think it was in regards to ordering a dress online.  I at least posted the designer's website & maybe the name of the dress, as I hadn't figured out how to post an image at that time. 
  • Options
    Butting in:Fang, you have a Wai-Ching?  I'm terribly jealous of you.  I already had a dress before I discovered the awesomeness that is Wai-Ching.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I will have a Wai-Ching dress.  It's being made now.  I'm super nervous about buying a dress off the internet without trying it on, but hopefully if there's anything wrong with it, it can be fixed by a local seamstress.  I was so glad to find her.  She definitely fits my style more than the all the dresses I tried on at the bridal stores.  The designer, Chrissy, is absolutely great to work with.  I wasn't crazy about the lower tie on the back of the dress, so I re-designed that & she was totally cool with it.  I can't wait to see it--should be here in 2 months or so. 
  • Options
    I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of Wai-Ching.  It is a little nerve-wracking getting a dress you haven't seen in person, but I know you're going to love it.  Be sure to post pictures when it comes in!
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards