Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

RSVP by email/phone instead of by mail

Hi Everyone!Wasn't sure what board to post this on but I just wanted some insight. I'm doing my rsvp by email but i have alot of older family members attending that may not know how to email so i wanted to do email/ phone.So far this is the wording I have come up with for the email: We look forward to celebrating with you   Kindly respond via email to <insert email here>by the twenty-ninth of May two thousand and ten   Please include names and number of attendeesDoes anybody have any suggestions about how to add wording for phone RSVPs?Thanks so much!Ashe

Re: RSVP by email/phone instead of by mail

• Options
    I'd put it directly above or below the email address.  They'll get it :)
  • Options
    I did this:RSVP by dateMy name: my number / DH's name: his numberouremailaddy @ gmail.comI didn't mention including names and numbers, but surprisingly, almost everybody was very clear on this information on their own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Here's our wording:We hope that you can join us!The honor of your response is requested by November 1, 2009you may choose one of the following options to respond to this invitationonline at our websitewww.ourwebsite.comby emailouremail@email.comBy phone123.456.7890
  • Options
    Haven't finalized it yet, but it'll likely be "Please RSVP at www.weddingwire.com/oursite by (date).  For assistance, contact (phone number)."I really, really want them to use the tool on the website, though, so I'm trying to make it clear that the phone should be a last resort.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I'll be saying something to the effect of:RSVP by X, 2010 at:weddingwebsite.comHousehold email acctBride cell #/Groom cell #Wanna do my little part to save the earth and avoid paper, and I'd rather not spend money on paper and postage when most of our guests can email/use the web/operate a phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards