Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Lend me your ear...

literally.I am singing a song as a suprise to FI at the reception.  Its upbeat and fun and a little tongue-in-cheek.No one knows about this.  My mom and MOH are blabbermouths and couldn't keep it a secret.  I had the track custom made for the song "Since You Said I Do" by Dave Barnes.We played with the key and stuff to make it right for my voice.Can you listen to it and see if it sounds ok for me?  and if the song is cute to sing at the reception?The audio levels are bad (I just recorded it on my computer) and the track is unfinished so it sounds a little hokey.  PS.  The song is set to a cute picture of a kitty. :-)Does this sound ok?  Good for my voice?  Cute for the reception?[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEPHjDwmaQ[/url]

Re: Lend me your ear...

• Options
    I think it sounds great!  It's rocky and fun, not boring lovey dovey, which is key I think to keep your guests having fun and not dread it.  Your voice sounds great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really like the song and you have such a pretty voice. I think it definitely works!
  • Options
    Very nice! You've got some guts girl! =)
  • Options
    Fabulous. I think you will achieve the upbeat, fun and tongue-in-cheek aspect perfectly. Your voice is fantastic! If I could sing like that I'd do the same thing. :)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    You really sound good.  Usually brides that try to sing are tone deaf and horrible.  He is really going to like that. 
  • Options
    Well, since you said I would see a cute kitty, I went ahead and took a listen.  :)  You have a really nice voice!  I think it'll be good for the reception.  It is upbeat and I like that.  I'd rather hear something like that than a sickening sweet ballad.
  • Options
    I think it sounds great!  I think it's great for the reception, it's upbeat and fun as you said, and hopefully your guests will get into it.  And you sound wonderful!  The beginning of the first chorus (I think) sounded a little rough, but it was either a fluke or the instrumental interfering since it was kind of loud, because everything else sounded good.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I went for the kitty--and was pleasantly surprised!! you sound beautiful--but, yes, the audio levels are bad. I can only imagine it sounds even better in person!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it sounds good. Probably even better in person considering the method of recording.
  • Options
    Its cute, when do you plan on singing it?
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all the sweet words about my voice!  I am planning on singing it after dinner and cake and first dance to FI (who then I guess will be my husband! haha)  Before the toasts and dancing, but after all the other stuff....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards