Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

another make poll

The make up poll below made me think of a girl I knew in college. She was very pretty but she would wear her eyeshadow funny, she would not blend it but would have streaks of colors going from her lid to her brow. Nobody would tell her that she looked much better without it. So for the poll..if you knew somebody who wore bad makeup would you tell her.

Re: another make poll

• Options
    Nope. Don't feel the need to.
  • Options
    I would probably just say something along the lines of "have you ever tried this with your make up?"
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yes and if they are my friend I would tell them. (And I have.)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    It would have to be really terrible because I'm pretty makeup clueless, even though I'm trying to learn.  I would probably mention something if it was someone I was close to, but not a stranger.  Who knows, maybe she intended it that way.
  • Options
    I would because no one else would probably tell you.  I told courtneylongfuckingname and she flipped.  Some people can't handle it, like her.  If they don't want to hear it, then leave them looking ugly. 
  • Options
    The only time I ever heard anybody say something o this girl she was not wearing any makeup and the other person told her how nice she looked and she said i look horrible I am not wearing makeup and the other one said I know.
  • Options
    Probably not, but I might make subtle suggestions. However, my pet peeve is when people have those awful make up lines where their head is a different color than their neck. I have told friends they had that going on.
  • Options
    :sigh:No, I haven't and both my sisters need to be told.
  • Options
    It truly depends on the person and how much I like them. If I like you, I will nicely go with the "Oh, have you tried doing this?" approach.If I don't like you, stay fug for all I care.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    It depends on the person.I have told a friend her foundation was too dark for her (face tan, chest white) and she was totally cool with it. If it had been any other friend I probably wouldn't have said anything.If some one said something to me, nicely, I would definitely take it into strong consideration. If they said it meanly I would probably think that they were just trying to be mean and I would write them off.
  • Options
    I have a friend who has worn some terrible green eyeshadow and I didn't tell her. I should have, I will try to man up and do it if she wears it again.
  • Options
    MIL has really bad makeup skills, but I've never told her that. If her mascara or liner is smudged, I will tell her but I don't tell her that everything that she wears is too much.
  • Options
    if it was a friend I cared about, then yes
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    No, because I don't know if I could do it tactfully. My coworker matches her eyeshadow to her shirts. I noticed this a couple of months ago. I thought it was just me. Even when she wore a red shirt. Someone commented on it, and she thanked them, and said she'd started doing it a few years ago. She doesn't even take suggestions from me when it comes to work-related things (word freezing up? Take off spell check - she was almost nasty in her reply), so I've stopped suggesting anything. I'm the newbie, she's been there for ages.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Probably.  I would want someone to tell me.  However, some peeps cannot handle criticism, even when the other person is trying to help them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards