Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

While we're on the subject...

Can anyone recommend a good cry-proof mascara?Wedding is in 2 months and I have a feeling I'm going to be a sappy crying mess.Most waterproof mascaras that I've tried just make my lashes all clumpy when I cry.

Re: While we're on the subject...

• Options
    Shu Umera
  • Options
    I used Lash Blast waterproof mascara, and my make-up girl used all waterproof stuff for my eyes. also had fake lashes which, while feeling weird as all hell, REALLY made my eyes stand out in all the photos.
    kablah.....that is all.
  • Options
    Here is the best makeup artist cry trick because we knew there would be crying- use a good mascara the regular way and then apply one coat of waterproof mascara over.  It will seal it and look a lot better.  I tried so many waterproof mascaras, even the Dior that people swear by and I don't like how gooey it goes on. 
  • Options
    I like lash injection by two faced cosmetics.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I've never used fake lashes. If I wore them, do you think I could just skip the mascara all together?
  • Options
    I hadn't considered waterproof on top of regular. Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    If you are worried about crying I wouldn't do false lashes. They are usually secured by a substance that will get slippery when wet. I have seen a few brides with fake eyelash in their eyes from crying.
  • Options
    I wore CG Waterproof Lash Blast (in the orangle bottle) for DH's homecoming from Iraq and my wedding. It was cry-proof and took me forever to get off.
  • Options
    I'd never had fake lashes before either, but they really made me look great (though I did feel just a bit like a doll until I got used to them).when my make-up girl was putting them on ,she first put mascara on my natural lashes to make them blend a bit more. you can also just use individual fake lashes on the outer part of your eyelids too.
    kablah.....that is all.
  • Options
    I don't wear fake lashes that often, skipped them for my wedding.  I wore them for Halloween for a dramatic look and the MUA put one coat of mascara on to blend it. 
  • Options
    I am doing falsies for the wedding and my H&M girl said she will curl my natural lashes and use a bit of mascara to blend them with the fake ones so they don't droop and show (I have straight, sticky-down Asian lashes). So even then you'd probably have some mascara on.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    E, get out of my head!

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I'm going to try the waterproof on top of regular this weekend with The English Patient and Atonement. If I can make it through those two movies without looking like I have spiders sitting on top of my eyes, I think I'll be good to go.
  • Options
    i like DiorShow waterproof
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    Muahahahahahahahahahaha! 
  • Options
    I have never found a better mascara than Maybelline- no lie, it even stayed on when I did helicopter crash training which involved being turned upside down in a simulator cage in a pool, escaping  swimming across the pool.The other woman in the class who wears very expensive mascara looked like a racoon.
  • Options
    I can't remember what brand my make-up artist used, but I also thought I'd be a big bawling mess.  Not so much-I teared up once during the ceremony and that was all, which is good because I am an ugly crier.
  • Options
    E, you are pure evil, wrapped in chamomile tea and fake lashes.Bajan, you should hit up Maybelline to do a commercial with your story... you've got the look and it sounds pretty convincing! :)

• Options
    Clinique has a new curling mascara that requires warm water to come off. I was skeptical, but it appears to be true. I have cried in it, and had no problems. It also does a good job lengthening my short eyelashes.
    GP IF buddies with nursecheryl Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have a few mascaras I cycle between depending on the look I want.  So far Maybelline Lash Discovery  waterproof looks the best in rainy/ emo days.  It does not chub up the lashes, just gives great length.  The orange tube previously mentioned holds up too, but feels so heavy. if you are going for chubby lashes, it is what you want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Falsies, then tarte waterproof mascara, then sealed with benefit's she-laq. My sister was my MUA and she she-laqed everything. My makeup didn't budge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards