Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Don't Judge Me! (Confessions)

Alright, it was going to come out anyway, so I might as well spill it.I bought a tiara. I WILL have my pretty princess day.Gah, why didn't someone talk me out of buying it a year ago? It cost more money than I'm willing to waste, so I'll probably go ahead and use it. And have pictures tomorrow after my hair trial.Please don't judge me! Your confessions go here.

Re: Don't Judge Me! (Confessions)

• Options
    I was looking for a tiara/headband, but the embellisments on my dress are gold and I couldn't find a gold one, so I changed my plan. PS. I want to see pics of the tiara/hair trial.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    Erm, pps Karen - I can send you mine when I'm done. It's gold. And ridiculously pretty. Over the top, but very pretty. I'll see if I can find the linky.
  • Options
    One of my friends wants a "real" wedding next year when she can afford it but is getting married JOP this year. I want to tell her she's an idiot and burst her bubble and it's taking everything I have not to.
  • Options
    Im currently obsessed with christmas cards, I spent 2 hours yesterday looking at christmas cards on etsy. All I can think about lately is christmas shopping and decorating. I think i might be sick because this is the earliest this has ever hit me.
  • Options
    I was just thinking that it has been a while since there was a confessions thread.I have nothing to contribute at the moment though.
  • Options
    i scold fi for eating junk food in the evening but i eat chips all day at work.actually, im pretty sure he knows this...
  • Options
    Our co-worker is on totally life support and has little to no brain activity and no hopes to recover.  I hope his parents do not prolong the inevitable.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I only invited my aunt because she is rich and still feels guilty about no-showing to my Dad's funeral.
  • Options
    When my BMs mentioned throwing me a bachlorette party and I asked them to keep it a secret from me if they do.  That way when they suprise me with a party, I don't have to feel bad about FI's friends' and brothers' wives/GFs/FIs not being invited, because, hey, I didn't know when it was or that it was even happening.  I have no idea if they have something planned or not, now.  I'm a horrible person....
  • Options
    I will try to sum up why in as short as possible--She has been rude and unwelcoming since day one. She has an inappropriate relationship with my FI--and FI doesn't stop it (thats on him). The night he proposed, his family was in town--he asked me to leave because he sister was upset (he hadn't told them he had proposed yet) that she wasn't getting "any alone time" with him. First christmas together at his family's house, she wouldn't be in the room if I was there; when we went to dinner in NYC, she wouldn't look at me/talk to me even though it was just her brother, me and her. We went to the Jersey shore with his extended family, and she wouldn't go out to dinner with us because I was there. She wouldn't be in a family picture if I was in; and she threw a fit because, again, she wasn't getting any alone time. This is how it is everytime she is around. She is not happy we are engaged (she's 38 and single), and never congratulated her brother or me on the engagement.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nebb your post actually made me have a minor panic attack because in all the wedding craziness I forgot about Christmas! This is the latest it has ever been that I have not purchased a single Christmas present. Holy crap, what am I going to do?!
  • Options
    When my BMs mentioned throwing me a bachlorette party and I asked them to keep it a secret from me if they do.There should be no "and" in the sentence. 
  • Options
    FI's mom is supposed to visit this weekend. She's usually a flake.  I hope she flakes out this weekend too.  I know it horrible, but I just don't need the stress.
  • Options
    One of my BM's has not bought her dress yet (17 days out), didn't attend a shower or bachelorette party when she lives 4 blocks from me and has had little contact w/ me in general for the past 18 months.  Everyone keeps telling me to get on her case and ask her if she's in the wedding anymore but I'm not going to.  I want her to have to humiliate herself by coming to me and telling me the truth.  If I ignore her, I know she wont' show up at the wedding though because she'll never come to me. 
  • Options
    We're not even married yet and I've started thinking about kids. Yesterday we spent an hour over dinner picking out kid names "for fun." Little did he know, I was totally serious...
  • Options
    The night he proposed, his family was in town--he asked me to leave because he sister was upset (he hadn't told them he had proposed yet) that she wasn't getting "any alone time" with him. And you still said yes? I would have blown a gasket, personally.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear the Lynda.  I imagine it would be hard to make that decision, but prolonging it seems cruel to everyone involved.  That sucks Rach.  Has your FI talked to her about this?
  • Options
    I try to keep my christmas mania under wraps until the day after halloween, but ive already started my shopping and am very excited. Ive pretty much got a plan of what im getting everyone too, I just need to buy it.
  • Options
    I don't think I'm getting a b-party.  I know it's not required, but it makes me sad.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    She has an inappropriate relationship with my FI--and FI doesn't stop it (thats on him). Wow - she sounds like a peach... But can I ask what is an inappropriate relationship with your FI?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I haven't written my TYs yet.
  • Options
    Nebb, thanks for reminding me how far behind I am on the rest of my life :)I normally hand-make all my Christmas cards (around 150 of them). I don't see that happening without a lot of stress this year.Rach - that's awful. Does your FI see all these problems as well? I think you should send her to my farm. We could definitely "lose" her in a corn field :)
  • Options
    My friend told me she wants to give chinese finger traps as favors at her wedding. I made a face in disgust. Then I saw she was hurt so I apologized profusely. I actually don't feel bad at all.
  • Options
    haha I once scolded a grocery store manager for playing Christmas music the day after Halloween. But I'm usually done shopping by the end of October. I worked retail for too many years to participate in the post-Thanksgiving shopping insanity.
  • Options
    Rach - that story made my stomach turn.  Seriously, inapporopriate is an understatement.  She sounds like a spoiled brat who has an unnatural attachment to her brother.
  • Options
    And you still said yes?  Yes. But, I've told myself (and him) if, for some reason, we end up not working out, I have a feeling it will have something to do with his sister. We've gone to counseling over this, and it still didn’t seem to help. FI and I got into an argument the other day when he said he, as of now, wasn’t 100% happy about the wedding happening because of the drama with his sister. If, in two damnn years, we haven’t along by now, nothing is going to change in 5 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My b-party (well, our combined b-party) is going to be a hot mess of tackiness. I"m trying to stay out of it as much as possible, and I'm not inviting most of my friends because I know they would turn up their noses at the ridiculousness. Apparently, it's common in FI's circle to do these things (charge a cover for the food/booze that will go to us, donate winnings from a vegas night to us, etc.) I want to vomit, and if all that money does come our way, I'm going to have to figure out how to give it back without hurting anyone's feelings.
  • Options
    I ordered my dress too small.. and have made no effort to lose any weight.. so I can fit into it. Luckily I have a lil bit-o-time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Betsy, how many sizes too small did you order your dress?  That's incredibly risky.  I wish you luck with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards