Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR: Parking in Manhattan

We're going into NYC next Tuesday and we don't normally drive. This is the first time we're going to be doing it on our own. Any suggestions on where to park in Manhattan? Would it be better to drive into Hoboken and take the train? Any suggestions would be helpful... Thanks!

Re: NWR: Parking in Manhattan

• Options
    Depending on what DH and I are doing, we'll either park in Astoria, in Manhattan on the west side or we'll take the train from Stamford.Do you know where you're going?  When we park on the west side, we use a garage that's very reasonable but that's also when we're hanging out in that area.
  • Options
    We're going with first timers, so we'll probably stay in the upper east side and do some touristy things. I'm thinking it would probably be easier if we just took a bus.
  • Options
    We have parked in Hoboken several times and then taken the PATH over to Manhattan. We have found it to be the easiest. Hoboken has a $5.00 flat taxi rate to the PATH station so if you park just grab a cheap cab. If I remember correctly the fare for the PATH is $1.75 per ticket, per trip, so its a lot cheaper than parking in the garages. Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I usually park at the Hippodrome garage- 44th and 5th Ave. If you get in before 10 AM, it's $21 if you leave by 8:00 PM. You can't beat the convenience. I think it's even cheaper on Saturdays. HTH
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • Options
    If you're that close to begin with, can you just take a train in from near your home? Depending on where you're coming from, that would let you off at Grand Central or Penn Station and both are pretty centrally located to whereever you'll want to go. It's probably the cheapest, easiest, and least stressful way to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards