Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Sunshine! And Puppies! And Rainbows!

Re: Sunshine! And Puppies! And Rainbows!

• Options
     I know it was for the best, but it honestly still bothers me when I think that I could be miserable right now, but my girls would have both parents.Bec, from what you've said here, your girls actually prefer having both parents separately (since their dad is a dead beat) AND having your awesome FI!!! Listen, my parents got divorced when I was three. I thank God every single day that they did because I know that's the only reason I turned out to be the person I am today, and a large part of that is due to my stepdad. I still see my dad, but I am glad that I had a true father figure growing up. I didn't appreciate him as much while he was making rules while I was growing up, of course, but I would not change a single thing about it. Never doubt that not only are they better off, they appreciate what you did for them.
  • Options
    Don't forget that she's also nice so not only do you hate her for being so perfect, you also feel like a huge diick for hating her because she's so nice.No kidding.  Thanks for f*cking up my mind, Expat!  I hope you're happy!!!Bec, I'm pretty sure your girls are going to be super well adjusted.  As someone who also came from a "broken" home, the best thing my mom did was leaving my douche of a dad.  You get mad mom-props.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    "Is there anything about my resume or this interview process so far that makes you think that I am not the right person for this position?"That is actually a really great line.  I'm going to tell my brother to use that since he's looking for a new job.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    [i]salt--I knooooooow! 3 weeks from tomorrow!! Why is it so far awaaaaaay?!?! [/i] TIME MACHINES!! We need time machines!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Bec - My parents have been divorced since I was 7 and never once in my life have I wished that they were still together. Plus look at the wonderful family that you are going to have with FI and your daughters. Your girls are so lucky to have you AND him.
  • Options
    Still new-ish here and late to the thread but I would like to add to it.TJ - I love the way you write. Your posts are both insightful and hilarious.Nugget - you crack me up with your stories of your grandma. Moose - You are witty and kind yet not a pushover, which is awesome.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Wading, Bec, TJ, Nugget - all super hilariousSalt & Kati - always nice to meAimerz - automatically cool because she lives close byP2 - fellow grammar queen, funny, and lets me know when I'm being dumb :-)
  • Options
    Bec - I am all over that like white on rice.
  • Options
    Cew - your confession was honest Champagne - love your new sig pic Jade - your baby is adorableBrie - I stalk your blog, it's awesome
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    You're all awesome.  Beautiful, witty, funny, cool.  Love the one-liners - I crack up all the time.  And here's a puppy.[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/111toit.jpg[/IMG]
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That is an adorable puppy!!
  • Options
    Thanks Salt.  She's 78 lbs of monster Labrador sweetness.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I wish we could all get along...like we used to in middle school. I wish I could bake a cake, filled with rainbows, and smiles, and everyone would eat it and be happy...
  • Options
    Ahhh, I am super busy and about to be late to a volunteer shift, but I big puffy heart this thread.  Thanks for all the blog props.  It's a lot of fun and I'm glad there are people reading!  (I just updated, stalk away.)I love you all, but a few shout outs:vallyhoo: you are an awesome new addition to P&E.  I like you a lot.  You are funny, and you had me at your first Jeff VanVonderen reference.I think ExpatPumpkin is a) so gorgeous I want to hate her but b) so nice and intelligent I can't help but like her.Bec: you remind me of my mom.  I picture your house, pre-J, to be like Gilmore Girls.  I see J as Luke.  This is probably weird, but if you don't watch the show, it's a total compliment.gkb: I'm glad you hold it down on our local and keep it from being too puppies and rainbows.salt: You are always hilarious.  And I, too, wish we could g2g.  FBIL/FSIL live in DC, so maybe we could make a go of it sometime when we visit them.alix: I have serious dress envy of your wedding dress.dani and ring, you both do an awesome job of being mod-like but not too strict.  fische, your new bio cracks me up.mandy, I always like your sig pictures.I am glad P2 speaks up as the siggy and grammar police.  I usually agree with her.I think ffmaid is hilarious and I'm glad we had the thread awhile back so she could explain herself a little bit.sucrets, I'm so happy you're pregnant, but I hope you don't totally abandon us for the Bump!Aaack gotta run!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I'm late. As always. But much love to all of you. J&K, Becs, TJ...cew...nuggets...fiche...you're all down with me. I got no beef with anyone here. =)
  • Options
    ...I just have a lot of feelings.
  • Options
    SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!
  • Options
    Why are you eating a Calteen bar?
  • Options
    Brie wins, although she didn't play by the rules.But neither did I, so we're cool like that.
  • Options
    So Lala, are these feelings the sunshin and puppies and rainbows kind, or the "Wow, you should really go see somebody about that" kind.

• Options
    Because I'm starving!
  • Options
    I've never seen Gilmore Girls, but you are one of a lot of people who've said I'm like the mom, including my older daughter. I think I need to watch this. Thanks for the compliment!
  • Options
    I'm late to this thread, and somewhat new to the board, but I really like chatting with everyone on here. Lala, you are my all time fav!  You always make me laugh.  Following a close second would be Moose, Fishy, Salt, and Bec, Vally, and Vicmo!  But really, i love everyone on this board so far
  • Options
    I think TJ deserves a blue ball just for starting this thread.A+
  • Options
    Geez. I can't believe this love fest is still going on. Is anybody pregnant yet? Oh and I think verona and meaghanandmichael are real purdy.
  • Options
    Bwhau! I'm so late but: SarahSmile - Your H looks like Ben Affleck in your siggy. Yup, definitely humpable! TJ - Your one lines make me snort. Out loud. Buttaflai and Bec - Your DIY awesomeness is so fabulous. Buttaflai, I do stalk your bio daily. Bec you are an amazing mama. Nugget - I love the Mac n' Cheese. My friend wanted the recipe and I didn't give it to her because she is going to Canada next summer. P2 - I want your hair and your bangs. I have wanted bangs like that since high school but I’m too nervous since I have a cowlick. I also love the term "bitchin' birthing box" and will thus use it in my everyday vocabulary. Ha! Fish - You always bring the funny. I too hope to one day make the siggy pic. A girl can only dream... Piper and Username - You intrigue me. Who are you? Dani and Ring Pop - You are ALWAYS nice. I love the advice you give, even to the “can I throw my own shower” questions! Salt - I love the mad photoshop skills. Your siggy pics always make me laugh! Georgia - I love that you always tell it like it is! BAM! TiDa - I love your siggy pic and wish you would post more and make a bio! ffmaid - I love that you never make an effort to correct your spelling even though you get so much shiit for it. Alixa and Meaghan - Your dresses are both gorgeous. Your weddings both looked so classy and like a million bucks! Ricksang - I love your boobs and the random fruit shaped heart. Just the other day, I was thinking that I need a new siggy pic. I was going to upload my own fruit shaped heart, but then saw that you beat me to it. Epic Failure! I know I forgot others! I don’t know what I would do without this board at work!
  • Options
    Bec, here is a pic of the actress... She also played "Mrs. Santa's Sister" in Bad Santa. [img]http://tinyurl.com/yaa8tx6[/img]
    photobucket-29369-1334754217385 2012-12-30_13-03-57_810_zps6f98a3be
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Okay, so I arrived late to the love fest, but here's who comes to mind: TJ - you're first 'cause you started it! - I love your descriptive posts of your wedding planning woes; they are always very funny ;) Cacoffer and Sascha - always nice and the smiles on the sig pics make me smile back Verona - gives great beauty advice that I always tune into LyndaUSVI - great travel tips and always nice Nugget - your blog is amazing P2 - very funny posts and topics - sorry I copied off your username ;) Brie, Salt(s), Tide, Vogt, Bec, the girl with the cute new house in her signature - post well thought out advice that we pay attention to J&K, Suninherhead, Aliza - love your signature pics I know I'm leaving someone out! BTW, I was traveling for the last 5 days and only able to get on sporadically, and I really missed you guys!
  • Options
    Oh no, I forgot Fishy!!! We all love her :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards