Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

*anna.oskar*

Do you have a recipe to go along with the picture of those red velvet cupcakes? I made some a little while ago and they came out more like pink tasteless boring.
We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *anna.oskar*

• Options
    I actually do.  I made some last month and they were pretty darn good.  Even my FI liked them and he hates anything not steak of french fries.
  • Options
    Would you be so kind as to share said recipe?
  • Options
    Red Velvet CakeAllow ingredients to come to room temp before preparing 1/2 cup butter 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 eggs 1 cup buttermilk 1/2 tsp or gel red food coloring 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 teaspoon salt If you don't have gel food coloring, just use the regular. add enough to give the batter a deep blood-red colorPreheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Directions       In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, red food coloring and vanilla. Stir in the baking soda and vinegar. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Spoon the batter into a greased pan. Bake in the preheated oven until the top springs back when lightly pressed, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. 
  • Options
    I need to stop trying to format my recipes.  They're always screwy when I c&p
  • Options
    Thank you kindly. I'll give these another go. I think the recipe I used had waaaay less cocoa powder in it. Hence the lack of taste.
  • Options
    taste the batter and you can add up to anoth 1/4 cup of cocoa if you'd like more taste.
  • Options
    But but but I'll get salmonella from the eggs! That advice is very wise. Why did I not think of it? Tasting, will do. I would also like to suggest this [url=http://www.bonappetit.com/magazine/2009/10/fuji_apple_spice_cake_with_cream_cheese_frosting] Epicurious' Fuji Apple Spice Cake[/url] Major yums.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards