Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

**mandy**

I just remembered I bought a spagetti squash at the market last weekend. I know you like it and I recall seeing a post of you making it.Can I ask you to repeat how you make it (and eat it with)?

Re: **mandy**

• Options
    I love Mandy because she has great hair advice (and great hair!), and she's purdy, and she makes great polls.  I also love her interviews.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I think not loving mandy makes one somewhat suspect. Its like the whole tom hanks thing.
  • Options
    cut it in half, take the seeds out, bake it in the oven.  for like 20 minutes... i think?then you take a fork and scrape it clean.  i usually prepare some sort of marinara sauce and then pour it on top with some cheese.i also like it with pesto.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I'm intrigued by the idea of spaghetti squash, but also intimidated because I don't know how to cook it and I'm not even sure if I like squash.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Scrape it all the way to the skin, clean? That would probably make a fair bit based on the size I got. I might try that tomorrow or sunday. I really like pesto sauces, so I might get one of those.
  • Options
    pretty much to the skin, yup.only put sauce on what you plan on eating.  i store the left over squash plain in the fridge.  then if i want to eat it the next day i pan fry it with a little olive oil and then add the sauce.  when it's heated through, serve :)i am weird, but i always make a fresh salad and then eat my pasta or spaghetti squash with it.  like serve the pasta/squash on top.  i love the hot and cold, soft and crunchy-ness.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Hmmm so essentially you could kind of make a rudimentary fried spagetti with it too. This intrigues me!! I cant wait to try this.
  • Options
    I love it so much!

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards