Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I know it's getting late for you all

but someone must be awake. Tell me something about something.

Re: I know it's getting late for you all

• Options
    I want your body and your dress. In 35 days. That's all I think about when I see your awesome sig.
  • Options
    Sunday is my birthday. I got an ice cream cake. I now have a tummy ache.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    I almost got run over by a jerk on a bike today.I was on the SW corner of a major intersection, facing north, about to cross the street. The light turned green and I even waited a couple of seconds before going.Just as I was about to go, out of nowhere this bike whizzed past me from my right, traveling west, and entered the eastbound bike lane.WTF.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    I just registered for a half marathon in April and I'm freaking out.I have an interview tomorrow and a second interview for a different job next week, which is exciting.FI's friend, one of our GMs, is over and annoying the crap out of me.I still want the snaggletooth cat but FI says no.  :(
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Happy birthday chi! Mrsjesse, I know the Castle. It's rather amusing but far from my favourite movie! My favourite movies is the Korean, 'My Sassy Girl'. I adore that movie but it's so sad we have to limit ourselves watching it to once every year, haha. I also love the NZ film Whale Rider (also sad, though!), and This is England is an amazing film (obviously a UK film).
  • Options
    Bek, you are too sweet! I was just up looking at my dress- oh my god it's so dirty on the train. I need to get it dry cleaned but I'm having trouble finding a place that I trust to do it, being so old a lot of them are unsure. Brie, how many cats do you have currently? Why does FI say no to cute snaggletooth? Glad you're ok ringpop. Did the guy stop/apologise?
  • Options
    That is sad CS. Is it as a result of his profession that his back is ruined, or something else?
  • Options
    No he didn't! Jerk. I hope he runs into a pole someday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    We have two cats right now.  FI says that we can't have more cats than people in our house.  I tend to agree, but...he's so cute! 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll tell you my random somethings about something: FI and his father don't get along and haven't spoken in about 4 years. FI's father and step mother moved back to Germany last year without telling FI. Because I met FI's stepmother, Fi's dad and stepmother email me from time to time (with Fi's knowledge, obviously) to keep in touch. FI and I decided to send them the slideshow from our wedding- they weren't invited, but we wanted to let them know that it had happened. Given they are over the other side of the globe, even if we did invite them they probably couldn't have got here, but FI really didn't want to turn our wedding into a family drama. Anyway, I got a reply from his dad, who said that he and his wife were so happy to see our photos, but sad that they weren't there. He didn't ask directly, but danced around asking if they weren't invited, and if not, why (eg. said that they've moved recently, did we have their new address, they hadn't realised the date of the wedding etc). Not sure what to reply with now.
  • Options
    My borderline personality stepmom just married her 6th husband, after dating him for 3 weeks.  She ran off to Virginia Beach with him and left her 17 year old daughter with my sister and said she is not coming back.  Then 3 days later she emailed my sister pictures of herself in a bikini doing sexy poses on a beach.  She is 50 and in better shape than me, but still.Now she just sent me a text video of herself doing a little black dress contest for youtube at a bar there.  I didn't even know she had my phone number.I don't know how to respond.  I swear on my life I don't make this stuff up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am reading through old entries on my own website and cracking up. Swear to god, I find me more hilarious than I can ever hope anyone else will even come close to.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I just got a long term sub position for 3rd grade that goes until March, so I'm really excited. I start in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    CS, did you have a reaction to the shot? Usually those are short lived (eg. 24 hours or so, from memory) perhaps you should go back if you're still feeling sick? Brie, we have three. We're constantly teased about being crazy cat people. We had two initially, but sadly our lovely little boy passed from cancer earlier this year, and as a result we adopted another little boy- and later, his sibling who hadn't found a home. We adore them all, but three is my limit, and if I were you I'd be worried about integration with your current two and any newbies- our female cat is still adjusting to the boys, 4 months later.
  • Options
    Haha sascha... there are no words! Sarah, congrats! That's awesome news. What ended up happening with Tim's job offer? Did you come to a compromise about the travel? TJ, i'd be equally amused by my writing if I were you, too.
  • Options
    I am convinced that we are part of a kitty underground railroad (i'm still looking for the minature lanterns my cats must be hanging in the window). I went outside tonight and there is this sweet, skinny calico on our porch. When I opened the door, she looked inside as if she was going to invite herself in. I broke down and fed her. Damnit. ::Sigh::
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, the problem is we both want to get a dog sometime soon.  Two cats and a dog is slightly more feasible in our house than three cats and a dog.  He is just so heartbreakingly ugly.  I love him.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Brie - tell him that's BS, and then follow it up with my mantra: "Every life needs 9 cats."
  • Options
    Tide, do you really have 9?
  • Options
    Oh and my formerly sweet younger brother has seriously turned into a huuuuuuge diick.I mean, I know young guys are generally jerks but, holy crap. He forgot my sister's birthday and only called when my mother called him two days later and demanded he do so, because it hurt her feelings.I bought him a new phone myself, after he broke 2 in the space of 2 weeks, and he didn't even say thanks. A couple of days later, he proceeded to tell me what a piece of crap it was. It's not like I'm made out of dollars, you know?Last night, for literally NO reason, on facebook, he called me a "shiit face" in the middle of a conversation and apparently IM'd me at some point to say "You suuuuuuuuck." This was, he says, due to the fact that his internet connection wasn't working. So he had to say those things to me. Because that makes sense.This is... used to be... the sweetest kid EVER. We would go to Long Beach Island, NJ every summer and he would often bring a friend for a couple of days. When he was 12 or so, a friend who he liked to bring to the beach lost his mother to cancer. John asked if he could invite the friend AND his dad, so the dad wouldn't be lonely.How did such an adorable kid turn into SUCH A HUGE JERK? It sounds lame, but my sister and I (she's 26) are actually really kind of hurt by his behavior lately (he's 19).
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Sun, Tim got the job (drama, journalism, and golf coach). He took it, he loves it, and because he is happy and has something to do here he's stopped talking about NY. I think he was just depressed about losing his job and kind of wanted to run away, but everything is good now.
  • Options
    Brie - we have 4 cats and a dog. The cats are... hers... not ours. But still, everywhere we go we're stepping over something with too many legs. And all the cats are jerks. And the dog doesn't realize he's huge. It's like living in a zoo and it's just awful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Jane, all I read was "My little brother has a huuuuuuuge diick." And I thought, "Wow, that is an interesting family with some possibly interesting issues."
  • Options
    [i]Tide, do you really have 9?[/i] Temporarily, yes. 7 permanent (all rescues) and (2) five month old kittens that DH found as 3 wk old kittens. We bottle-fed / hand-raised them, but we're having problems placing them, because I don't just want to list them on Craigslist and have them go to strangers.
  • Options
    Tide, I wish.  I hate to say I know he's right--until I get a job, at least, we shouldn't take on another kitty.  I love calicos though.  Instead of Southpaw, we almost got a fat grandmotherly calico named Elizabeth.  She got adopted, though.  I always find myself wondering how she likes her new home.TJ: 19 year old guys are generally shiits.  He'll grow out of it.  It sounds like he's got a good base personality, he's just going through the "all 19 year old guys are self-absorbed and annoying" phase.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jane, my younger sister used to be really sweet and when she wanted more independence at around age 17, she started becoming rude and defiant. She's gotten much better as she's gotten older (she's 20) and has calmed down a bit. Your brother will come around again, it just may take some time.
  • Options
    MissSarah, I know nothing of his equipment, but the last time my mom, dad and sister visited me in MD before I moved to AZ (he couldn't make it because he had a "paper" to "write"), my mom was telling me, in this horrified tone that only moms can have, about how she found a box of condoms in his room. "And the worst part," she says, all eyebrows up and trembly voice and shocked, "was that the box was half empty!!!" Hahahaha moms.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I kind of want to post one of the pictures but I feel like that would be wrong. What if one of her friends is on here.  She looks amazing, so the picture is not the embarassment...but her priorities and values are.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So Sacha, are holidays really entertaining with your family and friends? Could someone just show up, sit down, and watch the entertainment unfold?
  • Options
    This is what happens in my house. You can't sit down without getting a whole lot of love. In this case, this is my FREE glider that I scored off of a craigslist curb alert a few weeks ago. It's kitty approved, obviously. (Margaret was curled up there too, but jumped down before I could get the pic) [url]http://snipurl.com/s4vz8[/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards