Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

BC question

I'm not on any BC right now.  It looks like I will probably be on the tail end of my period for my wedding next month :(But that also means having it on our honeymoon the next month and I would love to avoid it.  I have 3 nuvarings.  Would it be stupid to start one next month and then not take a break before the new one in hopes of avoiding the honeymoon intrusion?  FI says it's not worth it, but I dunno.  I mean we have a room with a jacuzzi and this is our first non rugged vacation.....

Re: BC question

• Options
    Some forms of hormonal BC allow for skipping, and some don't. It depends on the hormone. You really need to talk to your doc about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    I wouldn't mess with it. A lot of forms of hormonal contraceptives take a few months for your body to get used to. You could end up screwing up your cycle - at least now you know when it's supposed to come - whereas if you start the BC, you may be spotting/bleeding/cramping at random times.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd run it by your Doc.My BFF has Nuvaring and i know that she done this before a couple times with no problems.There could be spotting, i am not 100% sure as i don't get a period and it's been a while but i think the first time i took my BC straight through i had a little spotting.(i think, I was a few years ago)
  • Options
    Nuvaring is good for skipping, I did it a lot when I was on it. Yeah, there's always the possibility of spotting, so it's really up to you.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    It wouldn't be a big deal to not take a break if you were on a regular contraceptive. I think the issue is that since you're not currently on anything, it will mess with your hormone levels for the first few months, regardless of whether you do it straight through or not.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm on Nuva and have skipped a few times.  With that being said, when I first started it my cycle was a little screwy and I did have a fair amount of spotting. At this point I'd say that it probably isn't worth it.  A month isn't enough time for your body to adjust and you may ending up making things worse.
  • Options
    I've skipped a couple times with the pill and while I didn't get a normal period, I did get some spotting towards the end of the week which could be a romantic bummer. Then again, a little light spotting is much easier to deal with than a full blown period.Ask the doc.
  • Options
    I did this with the nuva ring and it totally worked! It's worth it and isn't harmful.
  • Options
    Ahhh, now I see you aren't on it. That may make it tricky. BTW, I spotted and it wasn't worth it with BCP, but the nuva ring worked. Just call your doc and check.
  • Options
    I tried skipping the sugar pills and starting the next pack, but I ended up spotting, which was more of a pain than an actual period since I never knew when I was going to start spotting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards