Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll: Best Gift off the Registry

If you're married, what was your favorite gift off the registry? Or from anywhere, if you didn't have a registry. Money doesn't count ;) If you're not married yet, which registry item are you really looking forward to? Here's mine. This little oven is amazing! I use it on a daily basis for baking, cooking, toasting, etc.: [img]http://www.williams-sonoma.com/wsimgs/rk/images/p2/products/200937/0016/img7m.jpg[/img] Oh, and I made these for brunch today. DH was delighted: [img]http://www.williams-sonoma.com/wsimgs/rk/images/p2/products/200938/0024/img66m.jpg[/img]

Re: Poll: Best Gift off the Registry

• Options
    The Kitchaid stand mixer.  I love it and use it constantly!
  • Options
    Our favorite had to be the knife set or the new panini grill. We had been needing a new knife set for ages and had always wanted a panini grill.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    oops, that would be *kitchenaid
  • Options
    1st:  What on earth would you call a pan like that?  Those are awesome! I want one! 2nd:  We're really excited/hope we get a roomba, If not we'll use out completion discounts.
  • Options
    I totally second the toaster oven!  Never thought it would be as useful as it really is. For us its a tie between the Shark and our knife set. With the kitties and puppy our floors get lots of little footprints on them and this works so quick to clean them up. There is nothing more frustrating to me when cooking than trying to cut something and the damn knife just won't do it. These babies cut like a dream. Thanks Mom! LOL
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    Kitchenaid stand mixer (looks so pretty on the counter and has inspired me to bake). Dual coffee/espresso machine (saves me money from going to Starbucks) My various Le Creuset pots.  I already had a big Dutch oven, but the braiser, wok and big sautee pan are awesome!  
  • Options
    I didn't do a registry. The only things I want/need that I would put on a registry are the $300 stand mixer and the $500 Dyson.  I would never in a million years expect anyone to spend that much, so I figured why bother.
  • Options
    Anna - Here's a Williams-Sonoma link, complete with how-to video! [url]http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/c332/index.cfm[/url] I used their mix, but I didn't fill them. Next time, I'd like to try filling them with Nutella. Oh, and you don't need turning sticks - a toothpick did the job.
  • Options
    Nutella filled pancake balls sounds delicious. I'd eat myself sick with those.
  • Options
    1 - I love my new complete silverware set.  We had a million mismatched pieces before.2 - A Maytag dryer.  The one we had was left behind by the previous owners and sounded like a helicopter taking off every time we used it. 3 - Kitchenaid mixer.  I honestly do not use it all that much but when I do I think it is the greatest thing ever.  Plus it is red and pretty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just want matching plates and bowls so I can invite people over for dinner without having to apologize for our random mismatched dishes!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    My cousin and her husband gave us a framed mirror sign with out last name a flourish from out invitation and wedding date. I love it. It's the same idea as this, but looks different. [img]http://www.stinkincutestuff.com/sites/cdnelson/_files/image/Mixon%20Frame.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to a new knife set and I'm considering registering for a Roomba.
  • Options
    And I win for biggest picture! Also, the George Foreman Grill is awesome.
  • Options
    I think my favorite registry gift was our knife set. We use it all the time. But my favorite overall gifts wre not from our registry.
  • Options
    We just got the complete calphalon pots and pans set from our registry yesterday for the bridal shower. =)
  • Options
    We still live in the house he owns with his ex and all he asked for in the divorce was the dog and the Dyson, so we don't actually OWN anything ourselves. Seriously. Nothing. At all. Except that Dyson.Things I am looking forward to receiving or purchasing ourselves after we move out and get married:- non-ugly dishes- pots and pans that cook things evenly that I can actually USE (her parents gave her the pots and pans that are here and they have SENTIMENTAL VALUE dictating their use. They're also crap.)- a kitchen aid stand mixer, though I do really, REALLY want my mother's, which was HER mother's. Those things last for-freaking-ever and they don't make them in that lovely olive green anymore, hahaBasically, though, I am mostly looking forward to the very basic basics which will be ours, and real live adult stuff, not the ikea/target/plastic/mismatched college crap I hauled around for years.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I think this would have to be a three-way tie between: - KitchenAid Food Processor - we love it!  It seriously makes a lot of our recipes so much easier to make!  (we already had a stand mixer, otherwise that would have taken this place!)- Hiking backpacks - we do a lot of hiking and camping, and have always rented packs.  Having packs that actually fit and aren't all torn and broken makes a huge difference!- A framed copy of DH's family cracked-wheat bread recipe - I love to make artisan breads, and have always been in love with this bread.  The rule is that only members of the family can have the recipe, though, and some of DH's extended family have teased me saying that my primary motivation for marrying him is to get the recipe.  ;-)  But the framed recipe is gorgeous in itself, and I love the family connection to it.  It makes for a lovely, personal gift. 
  • Options
    Filled pancakes, OMG!  We saw that pan, it looks awesome.I am most looking forward to a food processor, knives, and pans.  I may even see if I can get the food processor for Christmas, I want one that badly.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow..this post came just in time...I have been updating my registries today...Macy's is discontinuing a bunch of bakeware I had registered for...sooo annoying..anyway..that's what I get for registering so far in advance. I never wanted a Stand mixer until reading how so many of you love yours..now I feel like I may be missing out on something! Also, how do you keep your dogs or cats from attacking the Roomba?? That is my only hang up..also I think it would get clogged in like 5 minutes with dog hairs...I have 2 german shepherds!
  • Options
    Steverani - You need the mixer. Kitchen Aid lasts for-freakin-ever and you can do TONS of stuff with them. You will be shocked at how often you use it. Plus, they have tons of new colors and they look pretty effin' swank on the counter.Ok, I don't mean need like NEED, but more like "need," but over the years you will come to greatly appreciate it. When I lived at home and had my mother's available, I even made instant brownie/cake mixes in it. Now, I grumble and make Buddy stir.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    1. Our All-Clad cookware. I don't know how I cooked for so many years with the Target brand cookware set I bought in college. 2. A close second is our china/crystal. We keep inviting friends over for dinner just so I can bring it out.
  • Options
    TJ...hmmm ok I will get mixer but now need to hire a carpenter to add more counter space...can we register for that??? lol
  • Options
    I can't really answer the initial question since we haven't registered yet, but I will say this to the Roomba people:  they really don't work that well.  Ours is kind of old, so maybe they've updated them (I would hope so) but ours is terrible on carpet and only so-so on hardwood floors.  It can't handle much cat hair at all (for the poster concerned about dog hair) and it runs out of battery insanely quickly.  We have a fairly large living room and it can't vacuum the whole thing without dying, which is also partially because of its inefficient pattern of movement.  They are very cool in theory, but it just doesn't work that well.  My mother and my uncle, both complained about theirs for the same reasons, and my uncle's is only 6 months old.  My cat doesn't attack it, though, she just stalks it a bit.  Not sure how a larger dog would be, but I think it would be fine as they're fiarly sturdy - your dog attacking it would probably just make it change direction.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We just syarted to register for items. So far, that 6 bottle wine fridge is what I am pining away for. I also like the new bedding set we picked.
  • Options
    Thank you ExPat & Bed Bath & Beyond.  Just registered for: As for the roomba:  They are WAY better than the older generations.  Can do 4 carpeted rooms before It takes itself back to the base to charge, then it'll continue where it left off. It can't handle large volumes of pet hair, but if you clean everything before the 1st time, and then running it regularly, it should work just fine. especially on my hardwood floors.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Roomba info...that is what I thought...it is just too good to be true. My dog already bites the vaccuum when I use it as it is. I am really looking forward to the Dyson..but doubt we will get it! I also am hoping we get the HAAN steamer!!
  • Options
    Good to know the Roomba has gotten better!  We actually still run ours, just because it's funny to watch our cat stalk it (plus the little 'song' it plays freaks her out a little).  I may consider getting one of the newer ones now - I don't know why my uncle's new one wasn't working, but they have a big dog with lots of long hair, so that may have been their main issue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My aunt has the brand new generation and although she does need to clean the filter daily - her house is virtually dog hair free despite a golden retriever and a chocolate lab.
  • Options
    I'm definitely saving this post for when we register!I echo temerity in that I'm really excited for quality ANYTHING. FI and I moved in together right after college, so we never had anything of our own that wasn't from IKEA or Target.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards