Wedding Etiquette Forum

LOTR will have a place at our wedding

I've been trying to find a way to incorporate Lord of the Rings into our ceremony somehow without being cheesy since it's FI's "thing".I found a quote in the book that I actually really like and am going to put on the front of the program if I'm not just fooling myself.(my church requires 1 picture and 1 quote on the program cover)What do you think of this?"A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day." ~ Aragorn

Re: LOTR will have a place at our wedding

• I'll definitely think about it before I decide to put it on a program.
  • We quoted The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly since DH loves Clint Eastwood. I think the quote is a good one and it's a great idea to personalize the ceremony.
  • I don't think it's cheesy, I think it's seriously dark to put on a wedding programme.  It sounds like you are prophesizing your divorce! I'm not a LOTR fan so I don't know but surely there is a happier/more positive quote in there somewhere?!I agree with the pp about using the musical score as part of the ceremony. You could also use the LOTR font and try and import the image of the rings and use in place of a monogram on your programme.
  • that quote just brings back the image of the troops standing around waiting for death, more or less. Maybe it's just that I am over-analyzing because I know the movies so well - but it just doesn't feel romantic to me...it seems more impending-doom-ish.i completely agree with this.  i can see the scene in my head when i read the quote and it's 100% un-wedding-ish in my head.  :oPi like the arwen quote for a program, though! 
  • Arwen: "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone."I vote ^ quote
  • Ah now that Arwen quote is just beautiful... now that's more like it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards