Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

WTF FRIEND!?

Sorry I seem to be post ho-ing it up this morning, but I had to have a small vent. I have a very good friend of several years who is getting married on May 1st. Yay for her...her FI is great and they are a super cute couple. So I just signed on Facebook and it seems that she suddenly up and got married over the weekend. I feel really awesome to have learned of this via Facebook status and not because she called and told me or anything. And she is still having her regularly scheduled other wedding on May 1st. I wonder if she's pregnant.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: WTF FRIEND!?

• Options
    You should invite her to post about it over here. I'm sure everyone would be very nice to her about it.
  • Options
    oh who cares, as long as she still gets her fairytale gift grab. *no patience for this stuff, so im jumping to conclusions*
  • Options
    Haha! My FI's brother is getting married super quick and my first thought was "i wonder if she's knocked up" also. Pretty lame though, I must agree. Finding out important stuff via facebook is ridiculous.
  • Options
    If she's pregnant... why would she still have her reg. schedule wedding then??
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    looks like she doesnt consider you a very good friend if she didnt tell you. jusy sayin.
  • Options
    PS Salt, I may have missed it if you posted about it already, but were you able to fix the kitty damage to your dress?
  • Options
    I had the same experience last week.  My friend went to see her BF over the weekend.  They weren't even engaged and she came back married.  I found out via Facebook status.  Now they're planning their wedding for a year from now.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Write that on her wall:Are you pregnant or something?
  • Options
    Haha I just got a text from another of our friends with "OMG is she pregnant?" Honestly, I don't even really care if they want to gift grab or have another party. I'm more hurt that I had to find out via stupid Facebook status.
  • Options
    I would have to comment on her status. Something along the lines of "So now your May wedding is fake. Klassy." or "So... you must be knocked up." or "Congrats!! Now I don't have to buy anything in May!!"
  • Options
    would you rather I blow smoke up your ars?
  • Options
    You're awfully snarky for a new person. I can see that we aren't going to get along on here. To everyone else: Apparently no one else knew about this wedding either aside from their families. So no, I know it's not just me.
  • Options
    I'll censor myself next time. I'll tell ya what you wanna hear... can we be pals then? :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Send her one of those gift apps on facebook.  Then you don't have to get anything for the May party.
  • Options
    Oh and jf - to answer your question...no haven't gotten it fixed yet, but I'll just get it taken care of when I go in for my first fitting. I'm sure it will be fine (it pretty much has to be since I can't afford another dress).
  • Options
    That really sucks. I can see hwo she would be excited and want to share it, but thats just kind of disrespectful to all of your close friends/family. I hope she ends up calling you directly to tell you or something.
  • Options
    Nice, cm, but only wait for the free gifts!
  • Options
    That sucks. If she is pregnant, she will be a very very pregnant bride in May.
  • Options
    I like GB's suggestion - "Congrats!! Now I don't have to buy anything in May!!"
  • Options
    Sorry, Salty Dog. That blows. So does your friend. I don't get people who find it acceptable to inform people of life changing events via facebook.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Yeah I don't know either. This is the first time I've encountered something like this. AND another mutual friend just posted on her wall asking if she is pregnant so apparently I don't have to.
  • Options
    I don't get people who find it acceptable to inform people of life changing events via facebook.Agreed. Hopefully she just temporarily lost her mind and will revert back to a cool person very soon.
  • Options
    i have a friend who started dating a guy in aug and is marrying him in jan. they are both mormons and want to have s-e-x. so maybe making it official was sex related?
  • Options
    Haha oh no. They've been together awhile and definitely took care of that part. I talked to her a bit ago and got some of the details. Apparently they eloped over the weekend. She's not pregnant and she sent me a picture of their rings yesterday that I never got because my iPhone sucks at receiving picture mail.
  • Options
    And she is still having her regularly scheduled other wedding on May 1st. I think that's really beyond tacky. And yet, it's much more common than I thought.People are always in a rush to update their facebook status and broadcast stuff to the world. I haven't updated mine to "engaged" yet because there are still people I want to tell about my engagement in person. (Like my parents - who aren't on facebook, but if my brother saw it, he would tell them. So I also have to tell my brother AFTER I tell my mom in person.) However, I think I'm in the vast minority. They probably didn't even think about the implications of the update.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards