Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Another family wedding around the same time

My fiance's sister is getting married just about five months before us. We'd like to send out a Save the Date for our wedding because most of my fiance's relatives will have to travel and arrange hotel accomodations. However, we don't want to step on any toes by sending out our Save the Date at the same time or right before his sister's wedding invitations go out. Any thoughts on how to handle?

Re: Another family wedding around the same time

• Options
    I don't think it matters at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Why would you be stepping on any toes here exactly? It's not like you're getting married on the same day.
  • Options
    They are 5 months apart that is not stepping on toes at all. FYi in 2006 there was a family wedding in my family every 3months ( both of my sisters and aunt and a cousin)
  • Options
    Just send your STDs and invites when you want to. Don't take FSIL's wedding into consideration, because that will just cause you unnecessary stress.
  • Options
    I think that because they're too totally different types of things, it won't matter if the guests get them at the same time.  Your weddings are obviously far apart time wise, so there shouldn't be any thunder-stealing or toe-stepping. Unless, of course, you're FSIL is the kind to get mad at this sort of thing.  If so, it's on her, not you.
  • Options
    It's fine, just proceed as planned.DH's brother was married two months before us and it didn't cause any issues.
  • Options
    You could also just go ahead and send yours out now to avoid the confusion.  If she's getting married in December (5 months before you), then her invitations will probably go out around the end of November.  So if you just get your STDs out sometime in October, that would probably be ideal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all. I think you're right and I was overthinking it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards