Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bitching Goes Here

I got lots of grips, sorry1. I just ordered and picked up Olive Garden. I asked for 5 cheese spaghetti. I got 5 cheese ziti. I know its all pasta, BUT ITS JUST NOT THE SAME. 2. I found out from FI yesterday that the amount I got my ring insured for is incorrect, by half. The paper work he gave me only listed what he owed when he bought it. He put half down and made payments on the second half. I now have to refile all that stupid paperwork. 3. I've been sick for 10 days now. I went to the clinic last week and I got a "that really stinks" from the doctor and got sent on my way. I go back today because the coughing just wont stop. I had to demand that she give me something for it. She didn't want to, but I wasn't leaving there until I got something for it. 4. I have a bladder infection. Apparently because my immune system was down, it decided to come on in. The last time I got this sick, I got one at the end of the sickness. Arg.5. FMIL gave us the guest list last night. After INSISTING that she gets to invite all 100 million (ok, maybe just 20 with family) cousins (that FI has never even met) and us conceding, she doesn't invite a single one. However, she does invite their best friend's plus all the neighbors. We just give up, its not worth it anymore.Ok, sorry that was so long. Anyone got anything?
"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs

Re: Bitching Goes Here

• Options
    My dad's in the hospital and everyone is pretty sure he'll die.
  • Options
    I'm apparently Shamu :(  That's about it for today.  We had another crisis with our house, but I think it's all worked out now.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Nope not really.  I have a friend who was in a bad accident though.  He's now on life support and the neurosurgeon said he'll probably always be on life support.  So, that was my day.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Well...I was going to whine about being bored but...Damn Anna :( That sucks *hugs*
  • Options
    Sorry to pull some sunshine into this hurricane, but life here is pretty good, so I'm just gonna offer hugs all around.For free this time, even.Don't tell my pimp.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Dear God people! What a way to put everything in perspective. I'm so so sorry Anna and Mandy :(
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    1.  DH still isn't employed.  2.  My direct deposit from work still hasn't gone through.  The number that shows up on my online banking stresses me out.3.  I need new clothes.  Everything I own doesn't fit right, is too worn, or is ugly.  4.  I don't have enough money to buy needed clothes.
  • Options
    My dad's not worried
  • Options
    Wow. That makes my crappy coupla weeks not sound so bad.But, I did just find out I've been walking around on a torn MCL for two months. And I've flipped out on my boss twice in the last week and a half, after finding out my last six months of work are pretty much garbage.And my cell phone drowned in a tub of beer. What a way to go out.
  • Options
    I wasted 9 hours at jury duty when they knew they would dismiss me after about three questions.  And had to sit on hard benches all day and now my butt hurts.  And I really wanted to run outside today because it's gorgeous, but by the time I got home and ate dinner it was too dark.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    oh yikes.  I'm sorry Anna.  Even if your dad isn't "worried" - I'm sorry you're going through it.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Anna.. Why is in the hospital.   As far as me... The only thing I can biitch about is having to cancel my Miami trip in a few weeks.  I really wanted to go to my first Monday Night football game.  Now we have to pay $150 to change the tickets into a credit.  I hate that $600 is just sitting in limbo with American Airlines

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Anna, is he just ready to go? That sounds morbid, but I know people that have gotten like that.My dad passed away from a heart attack when I was 15. I walked in and found him :(
  • Options
    I can't do anything about it and I refuse to live a life dominated by worry and fear.  Whatever happens will happen.  Thanks though.
  • Options
    Well, anna and mandy, what else is there to say? except, that really sucks. I'm sorry. No real gripes here, my mom might have gone off the deep end a bit with the wedding planning but so far it's working in my favor so no complaints here. :)
  • Options
    And my cat just barfed all over the carpet.  Twice.Sorry, anna.  Sending good vibez for dad.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Not ready at all.  He's been fighting the betrayal of his body for years. The current issue is two part.  He had a pancreatitis flare up a few weeks ago(ICU), got out of the hospital last Monday.  Today he feels horrible, goes to the doctor, and they discover a huge whole in his intestine that formed sometime since he was let out the last time.  Thay're talking feeding tubes again and probably a mandatory respirator as the best case after the surgery that started 2 hours ago.
  • Options
    Mandy - I'm so sorry.  I was in your position all last week. It sucked.  Do not judge, but I was sort of relieved when he passed away.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    i hate feeling like i'm gonna die. i was gonna go to lowes and look at paint and carpet samples.
  • Options
    My future nephew called me fat (or had his 3 yo sister tell me). the s$#t is going to hit the fan with my Jewish co-workers when they find out what they want done at work will not be able to be done due to a blackout until next monday. my health ins thinks my doctor is out of network and wants me to pay 200.00
  • Options
    Yeah now my day doesn't seem quite as bad. I'm sorry :(
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Anna. i hope everything goes ok with your dad.
  • Options
    Anna im sorry to hear about that.
  • Options
    Jurors in groups 1, 2, and 3 you are excused. Jurors in groups 4, 5, and 6 need to report at 8 a.m. Guess who's in group 5? FML.
  • Options
    I get annoyed when my friends throw parties that are BYOB. Or "Bring $5 to chip in for the keg" or "we'll have hotdogs but bring other stuff if you want it." I know we're in our 20s, but if you throw a party, pay for it yourself. My fiance and I paid for my birthday party ourselves this year. I decided to invite people to a private karaoke room. And I paid for alcohol. Whole thing was several hundred bucks. Yeah, I could have said, "Oh, it's $30 a head," but that would have been RUDE and TACKY.We're having a pre-kickball game get together on Wednesday evening at our house. Fiance sends out the evite. Which says, "We'll have alcohol and snacks, but feel free to bring more if you'd like." *Headdesk* This is also a problem because we don't allow meat in our house and it would be even MORE rude to tell someone that I'm not serving their meatballs.My coworker orders an omlet every morning then eats it throughout the day. 7 hour old eggs = disgusting.Some girl on my month board (October 2010) just did her hair and makeup trials. I hate my life.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Mandy - I'm so sorry. I was in your position all last week. It sucked. Do not judge, but I was sort of relieved when he passed away. Thanks lynda, sorry to hear about your friend.   No judgements.  It's a tough call that's for sure.Anna, you seem so kind of okay.  Are you okay?  Or is this how you deal with things?

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Whoa, wait... you don't allow meat in your home?  So, if I brought a turkey sandwich I am not allowed to eat it?You're one of those crazies who is doing vegetarian only wedding reception dinner, aren't you?

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    mandysmear: I'm okay.  I'll break down if the shiit really hits the fan, but my dad and I are both military vets.  The saying is, "don't worry about the missed landmine until you hear the click"
  • Options
    Mandy and Anna, I'm so sorry to hear this. Puts my husband's text to me last week, when I was 7 hour's drive away, of "How much does our insurance cover for an ER visit?" into perspective.
  • Options
    Anna I'm so sorry- thinking of your family.I am in the process of pulling paperwork together for recovering the money on the dress... I am just so over it now, I sort of wish I could just leave it be, but I want that money back, damn it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards