Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Nostalgic Poll:

I heard my grad song this morning and got all nostalgic.What was your grad song?Did you have a theme?Did you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other)What year did you graduate highschool?How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool? 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
"This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
Miss
Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
being healthy. blog.

Re: Nostalgic Poll:

• Options
    I don't know our grad song, but our band did play the instrumental version of Juvenile's Back That Thang Up for our halftime shows. So that usually makes me nostalgic.I got a letter, but I never bothered to get a letter jacket.Class of 2002Well, me and my FI met in high school and we still keep in touch :)
  • Options
    What was your grad song? um I dont remember Did you have a theme? Did you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other) nope What year did you graduate highschool? 1989 How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool? about a handful, more now though because of facebook
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    What was your grad song?  Couldn't tell yaDid you have a theme? If we did it wasn't memorable.Did you get any awards? Top 10 in class, my sports awards were outside of school.  What year did you graduate highschool? 2004How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool?  All my close friends.  There were 3 or 4 and we are still close to this day.
  • Options
    Grad song: I will remember you - Sarah MacLaughlinNo themeI got a drama award! Best theater student in the class (the school had an arts program, so it actually mattered)Graduated in 1996Many on HS people on Facebook, but only one I actually see/talk to regularly.
  • Options
    What was your grad song?  There were a few, but the one I can remember is "Graduation (friends forever)" by Vitamin C.Did you have a theme?  I can't remember.Did you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other)  NopeWhat year did you graduate highschool?  2002How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool?   I graduated with 300, so keep in touch with hardly any of them (hardly talked to them during HS), but most of my friends are from either elementary or high school.
  • Options
    What was your grad song? Small town saturday night.Did you have a theme? Beer?Did you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other) Lots. it's a little excessive.What year did you graduate highschool? 1998, baby!How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool? about 75. Small town and all, we're still pretty close.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    What was your grad song?  can't remember.Did you have a theme?  nopeDid you get any awards?  salutatorianWhat year did you graduate highschool?  2000How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool?  a few on Facebook, but none in person
  • Options
    I didnt go to my graduation, prom, or anything school related. I eschewed all things school so if there was a theme I didnt know it. I also won NO awards and wasnt in the yearbook for 2 years straight because I skipped the day pics were taken. I graduated in 2001 Im still friends with probably 6-10 people I was friends with in highschool. I had almost all of my class on FB at one point but deleted most of them.
  • Options
    What was your grad song? I have no idea. I'm old.Did you have a theme? Yes, get the hell out.Did you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other) No, but I did wear someone elses honor tassles, so according to the pictures, I'm smart.What year did you graduate highschool? 1995How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool? Seeing in person: 1 via FB: about a million
  • Options
    *my last sentence doesn't make sense and I don't even really know how to fix it.  Is it Friday yet?
  • Options
    Don't remember Don't remember Nope 1984 I keep in touh with about 7 people from HS.  We had a class of over 900.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Grad song? I think it was Glory Days-I went to school with a bunch of wanna be country boys. Theme? Not that I remember. Awards? Academics What year? 2001 Keep in touch? Only via facebook. 
  • Options
    I have no clue what my grad song was, and I don't think we had a theme. I got a math award, writing award, and some other stuff that's in my hope chest but hasn't been veiwed in over 15 years. I graduated in 1993, and I talk to a total of four people from HS. Only 1 of them regularly. I hated HS, and they hated me.
  • Options
    grad song: The traditional pomp and circumstance one. theme: I don't think soawards: uh, first team all-state, team MVP, athletic/academic scholarships, NHS, valedictorian, all that fun stuff (I was kind of an overachiever)graduated: '04keep in touch with: just a couple people
  • Options
    What was your grad song? i was on the music committee so i remember well.  Long Time Running by The Tragically Hip (if you haven't heard of them, you need to), Today by Smashing Pumpkins and Float On by Modest MouseDid you have a theme? Long Time RunningDid you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other) Best hair and nicest car.What year did you graduate highschool? 2004How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool? If it weren't for facebook I'd probably only keep in touch with 5.  But because of facebook probably 2/3 of my grad class. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    What was your grad song?I don't have a clue.  The radio station the next town over always picked one for ALL schools, but it had nothing to do with us.Did you have a theme?Um, just graduation.  Prom had a theme, but they attempted to just stay classy for graduation.  Which was a challenge some years.  Ours wasn't too bad.Did you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other)Yeah.  A lot.  Athletic, academic, Beta, NHS, a ton of stuff.What year did you graduate highschool?1998How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool?Um, I actively talk to about 2 or 3 a couple times a month.  I see them almost never.  Occasionally talk to a few others via facebook.  I didn't like my hometown crowd too much & I went away to college & didn't move home for a reason.  That whole town is mostly NMS.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    What was your grad song? [b]Dust in the Wind by Kansas[/b] Did you have a theme? [b] no [/b] Did you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other) [b] Lots of scholarships, most friendly, best excuse maker and best hair [/b] What year did you graduate highschool? [b]2001[/b] How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool? [b]maybe 3 [/b] Good poll Mandy!
  • Options
    Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds No. No. 1996. I'm Facebook friends with a lot of people from high school, but I don't talk to many of them.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We did not have a grad song.  Actually this is the first time I've heard of them.No, see aboveSoftball letter1987 - before some of knotties were even born3 regularly, a bunch more VIA facebook.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I Will Remember You No themeWe did the "best whatever" awards in our yearbook, since parents wouldn't care about that (and most of the students for that matter). I did letter several times and graduate with honors. I was also one of 3 grad speakers. We had our scholarship awards night during another ceremony. 2000My MOH was my best friend in jr. high and high school. One of my bridesmaids is another good friend (she graduated a year before me). If not for facebook, I wouldn't talk to anyone but those two.
  • Options
    What was your grad song? I don't remember the official one, but we thought we were cool because we had our own Prince song.Did you have a theme? No. We just gathered on the football field in 90 degree weather. Did you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other) I was robbed of Class Clown by this loud chick who immediately started popping out babies. What year did you graduate highschool? 1999.How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool? I don't really keep in touch with anyone I graduated with; a couple of them are FB acquaintances.
  • Options
    What was your grad song? With A Little Help From My Friends Joe Cocker versionDid you have a theme? NoDid you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other) NoWhat year did you graduate highschool? 1996How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool?A few, but I run into a lot of people here and there through out town.  Are town sucks people in.  We all leave for college but end up coming back.
  • Options
    Haven't a clue.  Probably something by Vince Gill.Yep, we had a theme.  Something about believing in something.Nope.  They didn't really do awards outside of Valedictorian and I did my best to make sure I did well without getting that honour.'93.2, really, although I have a couple more on my facebook - people I babysat, one really random chick who friended me and this guy who couldn't stand me who friended me, but he's my neighbor in farmville so it'd be really awkward to defriend him.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    1987 - before some of knotties were even bornOMG that's true isn't it? Weren't the 80s just like, yesterday??
  • Options
    I didn't have a grad song.  I didn't have a graduation ceremony r graduating class.  After we moved upstate, I was home schooled.  I did my Jr and Sr years together and got my diploma a year early.See aboveSee above1996No one from the school I got my diploma from.  Probably about 10 or so from the schols I went to in the city.
  • Options
    What was your grad song? I don't think we had oneDid you have a theme? Hungover Did you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other) yeah...the usual stuff, but my favorite was most likely to travel the world. How a class of close to 400 knew that about me, is a mystery still. What year did you graduate highschool? 2005How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool? 2 that I hang out with lots through facebook...most of my close friends ended up joining the military so it's not really possible to hang out 
  • Options
    1) No idea. 2) Nope. 3) I was valedictorian.  I also got a few academic subject awards and a few athletic awards. Yup, I was a sporty nerd.4) 20015) Aside from Facebook stalking? 1.  I moved pretty far away from home, and I kind of suck at keeping in touch.
  • Options
    My grad song was that Vitamin C song about graduation.Yea our theme was get me the hell outta here.I was one of those average people in school.  I did decently well in grades but I was not honors material and I was too uncoordinated to play sports.2001.IRL about 4, in FB most of my class.
  • Options
    What was your grad song? We didn't have a grad song but our prom song was some crap by K.C. and JoJoDid you have a theme? Damned if I knowDid you get any awards? (academic, athletic or other) A newspaper thing and some othersWhat year did you graduate highschool? 1998How many people do you keep in touch with from highschool? One of my best friends went to my h.s. but I barely knew her then.  A bunch of FB friends other than that.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    Stairway to HeavenDon't remember a theme . . . Graduated w/ honors.  No letter in sports.1980.That's funny - I have been reacquainted with about 10 people from high school via FB in the past 3 months.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards