Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank You Gifts

We already got thank you gifts for parents. (Roombas for each family - yes, they want them.)  I am working on thank you gifts for showers.  There are 4 showers total, and 8 hostesses that I know of.  One hostess is also a parent.Party 1: FMIL, her two sisters (his aunts)Party 2: My Grandma and Great AuntParty 3: Two FriendsParty 4: 1 CoworkerGifts - 8 gifts? I will happily get the 8 gifts, just didn't know if it was overkill. I know this will sound petty, but does family count? I just imagine they will tell me that I shouldn't have...etc. So yes, its a legit question. I think I should do SOMETHING for them all, just don't know what.  Thanks for input!
Photobucket

Re: Thank You Gifts

• Options
    Shower hostess gifts can be really small.  I gave my shower hostesses a box of four Godiva truffles.  You could do something small, $10 max for example, or even a heartfelt thank you card will do the trick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have overzealous aunts and cousins.  Therefore I have 4 shower hostesses.  I got them little notepads with magnets and post-its with a design on them from Officemax.  They have ribbons on them already and they cost $4.00 apiece. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Thanks for the resassurances. Its off to the office max and sweets stores for me!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    You are only technically obligated to a very nice thank you card. But a binch of flowers or something like a nice umbrella ( thank you for the nice shower this is to help you with future showers)
  • Options
    that's cute ffmaid- I like the umbrella idea for the shower.
  • Options
    One more - do I pre-write the TY card to give with the gift, or give after the shower altogether?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I got my shower hostesses bottles of wine.  Each bottle was under $15.  IMHO it doesn't matter if the hostess is a family member or not, they should still be properly thanked for throwing you a shower.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards