Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR: Garmin GPS

I have a street pilot C340 and I've gone through 3 chargers. For some reason they keep breaking. Has anyone had this problem with theirs?

Re: NWR: Garmin GPS

• Options
    no, but i do love your signature pic.*totally unhelpful. yes.
  • Options
    Nope.  We have one, our roommate does, and my parents do.  Never heard of this happening.  That does suck though.
  • Options
    We have a plug-in that goes into the cigarette lighter in the car, is that the charger you're talking about?If so, I've noticed that the end has become a little frayed, but after almost five years it still works.
  • Options
    Sooles, thanks! Funny thing is, the guy humping my leg =/= my husband. It's the best man.
  • Options
    My sister's broke the last time I was in the car with her. Lost. In downtown Chicago. Good times.
  • Options
    Nope, my charger seems to handling fine after about a year now.  However it doesn't hold a charge after about 5 minutes after you unplug it.  I suppose that must be normal though because you would rarely use it in a place that doesn't have an AC outlet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Vally, yea, that's the one I am talking about. The original that came with the actual GPS...a little thing broke on the mount and you could no longer charge it. Second one I was convinved that something was wrong with my outlet in my car, but it was the charger that was broken. Not sure what happened there. I was driving home 5 hours from Philly last weekend, and the one I just bought stopped working. I just ordered a new one on ebay that you charge in your house on a normal outlet. We'll see how that one works out.
  • Options
    That sucks, hopefully the eBay one does the trick. I was actually annoyed when I noticed the wires fraying around the end, but we have certainly got our use out of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards