Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

speaking of hot chocolate

Our wedding is at the end of June. We're having an outdoor wedding with a tented reception, in Manitoba. Evenings in June can be a bit cool, though we're hopeful it shouldn't be too bad. Do you think it would be weird to have a coffee and hot chocolate bar (flavoured syrups, liquers, etc), I wouldn't want it to be wintery, but my FI thought it might be a nice touch, and when I saw this Q on here this morning I thought I'd ask.

Re: speaking of hot chocolate

• Options
    Well, I'm in Alberta and I drink hot chocolate all year round :)  Maybe have the option for iced coffees and iced hot chocolate as well?

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    That's what I thought...we drink it here year round too. There's only a few weeks of the year where the temperature doesn't drop too much during the evening. We thought of having a signature drink - would be an iced coffee of some sort. Our colours are brown mostly with hints of green and spring yellow, so the brown drink would be cute. Thanks!
  • Options
    Our wedding was at the end of May and it felt summery outside at the time.  We still had a coffee bar.  Everyone who drinks coffee loved it.  I say go for it.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Sooooo, what part of MB?  I've got tons of family out there.

• Options
    Really? I'm between Winnipeg and Brandon (Portage la Prairie area) - Pumpkin recommended this site to me, I went to HS with her for a few years. We've stayed in touch. I think she posted a few wedding Qs for me here once or twice before I was signed up to post here.
  • Options
    You joined! I didn't know it was you. PS - I like the idea. I also like moosey's idea about iced coffee and iced hot chocolate.
  • Options
    Oh.  Well hi.  My Mom's actually from PlaP.  No worries, I won't go all crazy stalker on you.  Just figured I'd say hi.So.  Hi.   Again. 

• Options
    She must be a lucky lady! Not. I don't mind it here...but it's home. And I don't live in town. Hi Jaime. Yep, it's me. We set a date - June 25, 2011.
  • Options
    I'm getting married in May, and I'm totally having a coffee bar! LOVE IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards