Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Friday rant (coco style)

Dear FB friends (except for my Knot FB friends),  Please stop sending me any and all requests relating to Mafia Wars.  I do not want to play.  I also do not want to play Farmville, or give you a hug, or join your stupid cause.  Thanks.I have a life (ok - not really),coco P.S.  I have no idea what my point of this letter was.  I guess you can rant about something if you want.

Re: Friday rant (coco style)

• Options
    Soooooo, what you're saying is it's a good thing we're not FB friends?I LOVE farmville.  I have elephants!I also may or may not play mafia wars. 

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Ditto and add Youville (or whatever the fuuck it's called) to that list.
  • Options
    Coco, when you get another request for any of those silly things...before you hit ignore or deny whatever it says.  There is an option to block all senders from sending you it again.  I believe it is right under the accept or deny button.
  • Options
    I would make an exception for you, moose, because of your overall awesomeness.  Tida, I forgot about Youville! 
  • Options
    Agreed.  I may or may not be interested in playing these games, but I can decide that on my own without the 87 pending requests I have for such and such games.
  • Options
    I admit to playing Farmville (I also have elephants!), but I make sure to not let it publish to my wall, and I only send gifts to those who I know actually play. It's sneaky that it lets you send gifts and such to those who don't play.I do, however, let it post to my wall if I get one of those brown cows or ugly ducklings wandering by, after I make sure someone is online to click to adopt it immediately so I can delete the shame from the newsfeed.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    BB - You're right.  I think I've avoided clicking that because I thought maybe the person would find out or something.  But they probably wouldn't, and even if they did, I should just do it anyway.
  • Options
    That's hilarious, TJ.  I don't understand why every move I make on fb must be posted to my wall.  I do not appreciate it and I imagine my 'friends' don't either as I am not remotely interesting.
  • Options
    I had elephants but they were missing yesterday :-(I also don't post to my wall unless I find an ugly duckling, because I know friends that snatch those bad boys up. Ditto about only sending gifts to friends I know use it..
  • Options
    Why dont you just block invitations for those applications?
  • Options
    It's even worse when people upload their Farmville photo albums. Ridiculous.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    Why dont you just block invitations for those applications?Because then I wouldn't be able to complain about it on here?  No, actually because I thought maybe the person would know that it was being blocked and feel bad or something.  But I'm probably wrong about that. 
  • Options
    Yes, uploading farmville to albums is WEIRD. I hate that I keep ignoring and hiding these things on my newsfeed only to have some new application turn up.
  • Options
    Uploading the photo albums are part of the game...you get ribbons for doing it.My farm is a hot mess right now, I haven't farmed in over a week. Poor farm. And what kind of real farm do I live on where I don't have elephants? I'm telling FI tonight that we're moving to FB :)
  • Options
    I dont think people can tell, either blocking the application or blocking invitations from them. I block a lot of stuff like that on FB and ive never heard of anyone knowing about it.
  • Options
    I'm glad to know that the albums are part of the game. For a brief moment I thought several of my friends on FB had gone insane.
  • Options
    Nebb - good to know.  I'll start doing that. 
  • Options
    Same here Nebb
  • Options
    I'm glad to know that the albums are part of the game. For a brief moment I thought several of my friends on FB had gone insane.Thanks for the clarification. I thought the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards