Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Priceless veil...lost? WWYD?

ok, so let me start by saying I feel awful.... My good friend let me borrow her veil for my wedding.  It was beautiful and even though she is divorced, she wore it in her wedding and it was special.  Well amidst all the family drama that some of you know about that occurred at my reception, somehow the veil ended up lost.  I don't remember taking it off, but I know that sometime between the time we were announced at the reception and our 1st dance, I took it off, or it fell out.  We cleared everything out at the end of the night....with exception of the toasting flutes and the unity stand that I picked up from the venue later.  They said there was no veil found.  I've checked with some of the family who helped clear things out, but not all of them.  I'm so worried that the veil is lost for good.  What do I tell my good friend?  How will I ever make it up to her?  Any advice?

Re: Priceless veil...lost? WWYD?

• Options
    I really feel for you. Things can seriously get lost on the big day, with or without drama. You have to tell her soon and beg for forgiveness... I'm not sure what would make it up though. Hopefully, she'll point you in the right direction. If you have to spend $500+ on a new veil, however, just do it...
  • Options
    Do you really think she'll be upset?  I would think it might not be a big deal- I mean, it wouldn't to me, but people are sentimental about different things.
  • Options
    Its not that the veil was expensive....but it was made for her for her wedding....and I can never replace that.  I just don't even know what to say to her, or if I should before talking to everyone and exhausting every possible avenue to find it. 
  • Options
    Your friend may care less than you think. I loaned mine to a friend. She snagged it in a few places. She felt horrible and STILL APOLOGIZES (skhynes, if you are reading this thread, STOP APOLOGIZING!) and I can honestly say that I'm just happy more than one person got to enjoy my veil!
  • Options
    Like the other ladies said, she might not care as much as you think she does.  Especially since she's divorced it probably won't have as much of sentimental meaning as you think it does.
  • Options
    You have to come clean, and the sooner the better. If it turns up, it will be a happy surprise, but if it doesn't, the longer you wait, the worse it gets. She may not be that upset, and she may be devastated, but I think you need to tell her and offer to do anything you can to make it right.
  • Options
    Maybe she took it home with her and didn't mention it to you?
  • Options
    if it was me, i wouldn't care very much but yeah def call/email asap
    No amount of education could convince Betty to be nice to possums
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards