Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

***Nicoleabrock***

Saw your bio and loved the details! We did a Mexican/American wedding too... Are you doing a bilingual ceremony? Just curious, are you using the "El Negro" loteria card for your tables? Mariachis?

Re: ***Nicoleabrock***

• Options
    I've been meaning to page you all darn day, Nicole. Good to have you around. You seem normal. Id like to keep ya.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Aw thanks Fische!  I wanted to represent all of the non-crazy Oct. 09 biitches. Thanks Expat!  My FI is Mexican and I am Irish.  A lot of his family is coming from Mexico so we are going to have a bilingual Catholic ceremony.  We aren't using the El Negro card.  But the rest of the cards we are using all having meaning to the people that are sitting at those tables.  For instance, my FBIL was stung by a scorpion as a child (and lived) so he and his family are sitting at "El Alacran".
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Very cool! All of my DH's family came in from Mexico, and we had a bilingual ceremony too. DH said his vows in Spanish and we did parts of the service in each language - no repeats on sections, though :) I love your idea for the Loteria cards. That's really cute. In case anyone else is wondering, here's the "El Negrito" card. Loose translation = the little black guy. Mexicans aren't quite as PC as we are ;) [img]http://gallery.elsewhere.org/d/1317-9/26+El+Negrito.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Expat- your wedding photos are absolutely stunning!  I love everything!  We are having a "surprise" mariachi (which is obviously not a surprise) play during cocktail hour.  I saw that you had one as well. 
  • Options
    Thanks! We had ours come in as a surprise too at the end of the night, around 11PM. The Mexican guests were thrilled ;)
  • Options
    Yep.. it's not a party until someone's drunk tio has a bottle of tequila in one hand and is stumbling around trying to sing with the mariachi.  Wow... this is making me excited for my upcoming wedding!  We are hosting Tequila Corralejo and I know people are going to be hammered by the end of the night.  Fishe- you would just love this tequila in your margarita!
  • Options
    Sounds like one heck of a party! You should be excited :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards