Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I got a wedding invitation today, and the RSVP date is today.

Did they forget to send us an invitation? It was postmarked 9/30 and is coming from Iowa to California, so that makes sense.Also, the address was as follows:Mr. Fiance'sFirstName Fiance'sLastNameMyfirstname MylastnameUm, okay. Your caligrapher is an idiot. A Miss or Ms. goes in there somewhere.I'm going to feel like such an a** because now I'm sending back a late RSVP. *sigh*
my read shelf:
Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
40/112

Photobucket

Re: I got a wedding invitation today, and the RSVP date is today.

• Options
    Or you were totally a B list invitee that they only invited because the people they really invited said no already.
  • Options
    LOL Anna, you have a way of making people feel good ;P
  • Options
    No, it's cool. I've never met these people. I think they're inviting us because they "have" to - it's my fiance's cousin who's the groom. His parents are traveling there from Massachusetts. Thing is, growing up in Massachusetts with both parents' families in Iowa, I know he's not that close to his family. Example: He never calls his grandmother (who's 97) whereas I used to talk to my grandma once a week when she was alive.I think this is one of those things where he went to his other cousins' weddings and told his parents he would go to this one, and they relayed the info to FFIL's sister. I think that's the only way they got my name - and spelled it right, which is amazing.Whatevs. We already have plane tickets, so we're going.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    post marked on the 30?  That screams B list, sorry.
  • Options
    Oh, and the wedding's on the 23rd of this month.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah, you were totally B listed.

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    are you going?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah Rach, we're going. FI REALLY wants to/feels obligated to since he went to his other cousins' weddings and he bought the tickets over a month ago. I guess we're staying with one of his aunt's, but we'll only be there one night.The thing is, neither of his sisters are coming! One is staying in Massachusetts to take care of the dogs and the other one is actually going to be in LA, staying at our house with her boyfriend! That's why we're leaving Iowa Saturday night instead of Sunday - to spend time with her. She's the cool sister, not the crazy one.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    B list or they are huge procrastinators who didn't send their invites out on time.  But, it was probably a B list.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Oh and the last wedding we went to, our invitation "got lost in the mail." And we never got a TY for the gift. Maybe our friends don't like us as much as I thought.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah, we were supposed to  get one from one of DH's coworkers. Never arrived. He asked about it the week before the wedding (the coworker did - asked if we got it) - supposedly sent us another one - we never got that one either. I told him we were B listed.We bought a gift and delivered it to them anyway (@ work) - weren't going to be able to attend the wedding one way or the other.  Oddly, a month later, still no thank you note............ I guess that got lost in the mail, too.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I'd send the actual response card back, but I'd also ask DH to make a quick call or shoot off an email and let them know that for some reason, you just received the invitation and are responding with the card, but wanted to let them know asap too. Yeah, it's a little passive-aggressive (gets in the dig about just receiving the invitation), but also helps them keep their numbers straight and on time. My first thought was also B list, BUT I know a few people who have gotten their invitations out really late just because they were way scattered. One of my best friends had a small wedding and we all knew who was invited in advance, but she screwed around so long making the invitations that she actually fed-exed them to her guests so they'd get them before the wedding!
  • Options
    The fed-exed invitations are hilarious.To be fair, the one that got lost in the mail, it was right after FI moved back to LA, so his friend (from grad school) probably didn't have the address right. It was also a wedding with a very small budget, so maybe they were just saving on stationary/stamps! We sent them a new baby gift last month. No TY for that either.I might have FI call. Or call his dad, who can call his sister, who can call her son. Jeez.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    We bought a gift and delivered it to them anywayYou're a nicer person than I.  If I'm not invited to the wedding, I ain't buying a gift (unless there's some real excuse, like they kept it to just immediate family or had to rush because someone was going off to war).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards