Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Scar Remedies?

I burned my arm on a pizza stone last week and it left a large burn on my forearm. I know it is going to scar, but anyone have any tips for products that minimize scarring?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Scar Remedies?

• Options
    I've heard great things about straight Vitamin E oil applied right to the burn.  You can buy it cheap at any drugstore.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    hmm never heard of that. I wonder if you have to wait until it heals a bit to apply that?
  • Options
    neosporin and bio oil, would be the two best bets imo.
  • Options
    what is bio oil?
  • Options
    thanks mrs.jesse, it is having some trouble healing. Can that be bought at a regular drug store?
  • Options
    Aquaphor is what I've found to work well on burns and skin irritations
  • Options
    ootmother, is that OTC?
  • Options
    Yes, otc and it's made by Euceringreat stuff
  • Options
    Bio Oil is just a brand of oil. They sell it at CVS. its just a bottle of oil you can roll right on to your scar. I would use neosporin until its healed and then use bio oil.
  • Options
    thanks everyone, these are all awesome suggestions. i need to go stock up :)
  • Options
    thank you :)
  • Options
    I used Mederma for a surgery scar. It's pricey though.
  • Options
    Aloe vera plant. Break the plant and rub on your burn.
  • Options
    Vitamin E oil works really well.
  • Options
    I have freekish skin.  Vit E is a good call to help with scarring.  Let it heal a it first before applying.   If it is having trouble healing see a dr.  I had a cut that wouldn't heal.  COvered it , Neosporin etc...  a month later I went to the Dr for bronchitis and just asked about the cut on the ankle.  They freeked.  I had to apply all sorts of crap and it took 3 months for it to finally be gone and I have a scar today.  It had gone too long without heeling.  good luck and watch it
  • Options
    I agree with the Vitamin E Oil.  However I would try the cream they have.  I have the oil in a bottle and it stains my clothes but I don't have the patience to wait for it to dry plus it's really sticky.  Every once in a while it's BOGO at Kroger.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards