Wedding Etiquette Forum

Who designed your dress?

So I'm going wedding dress shopping for the first time next weekend and we are going to 2 different stores on Sunday. I'm trying to look at different designers to see what I like and to pick stores to go to based on the designers I like.  I need to pick designers where dresses are under $1000.I've looked at DB, Alfred Angelo, Maggie Sottero and Eden Bridals. Who designed your dress? Any recommendations to look at?

Re: Who designed your dress?

• I got mine at DB. It's an Oleg Cassini and it's under $1K.
  • mine was from the Vineyard collection at POB.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • There are two from DB that I really want to try on. DB is def. one of the two stores we will be going to.
  • Mine was from Justin Alexander--and def not under $1000--but, I know some of his dresses are. Worth a look.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is Casablanca, and it was just under $1000
  • FMIL and I will be designing mine, so i doubt that really helps you much.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I second POB
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cymbeline - but it was not under 1000.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Barbra Allin - she's local to Toronto, but I know I've seen other brides with her dresses. Mine was more than 1000$, but others in her line aren't.
  • Essense of Australia
  • Mine was Monique Lhuillier.  Not under $1000, but I just heard she now has a lower end line.
  • Mine was from DB too, on sale off the rack for $250 :) It's not a designer, but it worked just the same Make sure you go in with an open mind about style - some styles that you think will look great on you might not, and others that you may hate hanging on the rack may look awesome. Also - make your price point known right away and don't allow yourself to try on anything that is over your price point. You don't want to fall in love with THE dress, only to find out you can't actually afford it. Have fun!
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • All great recommendations! I've been checking them out all on online. I think I've narrowed down my choices to the final 2 places we will go. Now I need to make the appointments. When I make an appointment, I can choose the times right? Or do they tell me their open times for appointments? Because I want to make my appointments for 12:30pm and 3:00pm.
  • You can request those times, but you may just have to deal with what they have open.  I think the spacing of your appointments is good though.
  • Mine was Jasmine, link in bio. She had a lot of really pretty designs.
  • Maggie Sottero- cheaper than some I found at DB.  I went to a HUGE bridal store here....the largest in the South....and just told them not to bring me anything over my budget....and was surprised at the quality of those gowns compared to David's and Alfreds.  The dresses at DB and AA were nice, but they seemed heavy and didn't fit well compared to the nicer boutique gowns I tried.  Don't rule out boutiques b/c you think your budget is small, they can help you too!
  • ^ My maggie was under $1000.  Actually got it for $625.
  • I'm no help, I got mine at DB.  I didn't want to go to a nicer store b/c I knew I'd fall in love with something more expensive.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Casablanca. 3 of my friends have also bought this designer. My dress was $700
  • Mine was Paloma Blanca, but it was not under $1000.  I don't actually know if she has any under $1000, but I really like her stuff.
  • Mine is from David's Bridal. It was approximately $700.
  • Mine is a Maggie Sottero it was  little under a thousand normally priced but I got it used so for $170. I love the coresets on Maggie dresses.  I would check out used dresses too, they are normally in great condition cause people only wear them once and you can get them at a great price. There are a lot of website that sell used dresses and brides for breast cancer that sells used dresses and the money goes for a good cause.
  • Mine is from Casablanca, but it is over $1,000. I believe they have a few gowns that are under $1,000 though. A Maggie gown was a close second for me, but it also was not under $1,000. I tried on quite a few Alfred Angelo gowns because I loved them online, but I didn't like any of them on me. But, I have been to a wedding recently where the bride wore AA and she looked amazing.
  • Mine is a Sottero & Midgley and was under $600. I really like her dresses and the more I looked, the more I was able to find a good number of them under $1,000. I ended up choosing among 4 different Maggies, all under $1,000.
  • I love my alfred angelo!
  • San Patrick designed mine. Look at thier dresses or their sister company, Pronovias.
  • Gah, I didn't read all of your thread. My dress wasn't under 1000, so I don't know what the prices would be.
  • I have no clue who designed it but I got it off the rack from DB for $250. I still love it :)One recommendation, bring in pics of the dresses along with their id numbers so the consultant can find them faster. Also take your time and look around at different dress types while you're there. I went in specifically for a very long train with red on it (I can't find the pic right now) and ended up walking out with someone I tried on to humor my mom (and then fell in love with).Also (and I'm sure you know this) try on a wide variety at first too. I went in wanting a halter top or mermaid style and realized that the mermaid killed my figure (and not in the good way) and the halters made a clear view down my chest for anyone taller than me.
  • Mine is by Pronovias.  It was about $1500, but I tried on a few dresses by them that were closer to $1000.  I think their lace stuff is more expensive than their non-lace stuff.Mori Lee was my favorite designer that was lower priced.  I almost bought a beautiful Mori Lee dress that was about $675.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards