Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Rehearsal dinner...??

What is everyone doing for rehearsal dinner.. I am going to have about 30 guests.. any good ideas or places to have the rehearsal dinner?Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rehearsal dinner...??

• Options
    Check your local board for specific recommendations.Our wedding is in Chicago, so we're doing Chicago-style pizza and beer most likely.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Uhhh.... we don't know where you live. Or what you like. Or what your budget is. Try your local schmocal.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    for locations you may want to check your local.  We haven't started planning ours yet, so I don't really have any ideas.
  • Options
    Chuck E Cheese's Nothing says "wedding" like the smell of urine, small children,  and dirty feet.
  • Options
    We are having ours at the hotel where everything is being held...it is easier for our out of towners and it is beautiful and on the beach...Where are you located?
  • Options
    Anna...first of all I hope you are kidding..but if not...that's cool..lol and second...those fruit things look so yummy!!! Did you make them yourself??
  • Options
    Here's the link to the CFL board:[url]http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=66[/url]They can recommend specific places. Personally, depending on who's paying, we're either doing steaks and salad or pizza. My parents are insisting on paying, and they'll do steaks, but FIL's have offered as well, and they volunteered pizza and drinks. I don't care either way, and I'm not sure how we're going to solve the dilemma, actually.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Ours is on a boat.  :-)
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    with apologies to Mrs.BWHY are they all from the same place?!
  • Options
    Anna was totally serious. She loves urine.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Nothing says "wedding" like the smell of urine, small children, and dirty feet.This should be their new slogan.
  • Options
    and I thought I was the only person who thought Chuck E Cheese smelled like dirty feet & urine
  • Options
    steverabi: totally kidding, but my FG has been pushing for Chuck E's as the venue for months. (She's 7) Yes, I did make the apple tarts in my siggy myself.  They came out of the oven about an hour ago and my FI has devoured almost half of them already.
  • Options
    Fische:  "Anna was totally serious. She loves urine."  Well, you know it's not the small children I love.oot: anyone that doesn't realize that the restaurant reeks like that, obviously has been effected by "parental obliviousness".  It's the same disease where the parents of brats think they are angels.
  • Options
    I took M to a Chuck E Cheese when my dad lived in D.C.It was gone by our next visit, I think the Board of Health made a visit. that's just a guess though
  • Options
    We didn't do a rehearsal, nor a formal 'rd', but we did have dinner the night before at a local restaurant. Those people who were already in town for the night knew where we were going, and most decided to come and join us. It was very casual but also a nice way to start the wedding weekend.
  • Options
    Anna, Have you been to a Dave and Busters...it is a grown up version of Chuck E Cheese but oddly enough it also still smells of urine! Go figure! ; ) My FI would be totally jealous of your domestic goddessness...I am not a good baker...
  • Options
    Due to the fact that this thread made me think of Chuck E Cheese, I now have pink eye.
  • Options
    We're going to have dinner at one of the Mexican places down the block from the church.  Guacamole, yay!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not a baking master by any means,  i just have a few goodies that I've been making for years.
  • Options
    I'm probably doing it at a local restuarant we both love, but decided not to have the reception at.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    If the OP is still reading this...my sister got married at Cypress Grove in February and had her rehearsal on the patio (they gave us the whole space) at Houlihans. It was really fun and laid back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards