Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Monday Morning FML

Let me start off by saying it's Monday. Ew.Second, I have 2 jobs. Ew.Depending on which job I am going to, I take different routes to get there obviously. I was supposed to be at job #1 at 8 this morning. Guess who wasn't paying attention and took the wrong route and was late? *raises hand*

Re: Monday Morning FML

• Options
    We ripped the carpeting off our stairs yesterday (we're putting slate tile down), and each stair had about 50 staples on it that needed to be ripped out. I got a blister within an hour of starting, and today I can hardly move my hand. FML. It fuucking hurts.
  • Options
    Have to agree with you about the Monday thing. Yuck. Plus my 4 year old snooze alarm went off every 30 minutes last night, so I am a zombie. On top of all of that someone blew up our bathroom first thing this morning and I feel like I can't get the stink off of me.
  • Options
    My office smells like sweaty old man.  I have no idea why.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like a peachy start to your Monday too.
  • Options
    Sucrets - check under your desk.
  • Options
    Oh. And I have a weird pain in my calf that I am concerned is a blood clot.
  • Options
    Hmm, we're hoping it's not a clot cew.
  • Options
    I broke a glass in the kitchen the other day, and we thought we'd gotten all the pieces up. Nope, I've already had to remove one sliver from my foot. Well, I got another tiny sliver stuck in my foot last night and couldn't get it out, so I'm having to walk with my foot at a weird angle today, and it hurts my ankle, and I got to work later than I'd planned, so I had to walk about half a mile through the rain this morning with my gimp foot. Awesome. Luckily, I brought my lunch, so I won't be making that trek again until quittin' time, at which point I get to go sit in Statistics for over an hour. Monday is SO great!!! {sarcasm font} 
  • Options
    Thanks jfgrad. Me too. I'm going to the dr. first thing tomorrow morning. I'll keep you all posted.
  • Options
    There BETTER not be a clot cew, those arent fatal are they?
  • Options
    jfgrad, I used to do that back when I was doing a lot of driving, with taking the wrong route. It was really annoying.My FML is always the same: too much work to do, too little time to do it, and 17 days until I get to see FI again. I'm actually going through a major FML slump.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I think they can be, but I think they can be treated with blood thinners as well. My assistant just told me that she has an aunt that gets them and she gets shortness of breath when she has them. That makes me feel a bit better since I am not feeling that way.
  • Options
    Cew, my mom told me that typically a blood clot feels warm and squishy/mushy when you feel it - wherever it may hurt. Might not always be the case but I get paranoid sometimes b/c of my birth control when I get pains like that.
  • Options
    Dont you die on me cew, DONT YOU DIE!!! btw, adam tried getting me to watch the mothman prophecies lastnight and I told him NO, because you sent me that (right?). He is very excited that I will have the book now, he wants to read it too.
  • Options
    Thanks. I've been afraid to touch that area b/c I had always heard that if you rub it, it could make go to your heart or brain or something. That may be an old wives tale, but I am stupid like that. I just felt it and there is no squishyness that I can tell.
  • Options
    If it is a clot, I think you'd be in massive pain from muscle death.  Either way, go to the doctor because you've posted about this before.  Do it.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    The book is actually way better than the movie. If you want to watch it, go ahead because the book is so different that it will barely seem like the same thing. The book goes much deeper into the Men In Black phenomenon and the idea of parallel universes. The movie is just about the Mothman.
  • Options
    I told him I wanted to read the book first, so we watched one hour photo instead. Im being forced to watch creepy movies between now and halloween, I hate creepy movies. Please dont die.
  • Options
    H and I are making a thanksgiving dinner.  We started off by just invited 3-5 people.  We have no officially invited like 8-10 plus ourselves.  We're going to get a pretty big turkey.  And some more chairs as we won't have enough seating for everyone.  FourL.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Don't worry Nebb, my love for you will keep me alive. I'm going to the dr. tomorrow. I'm sure she'll tell me I'm okay.
  • Options
    I always thought a clot in your calf looks like bruising. 
  • Options
    Good, I hope it turns out to be something else easily mended.
  • Options
    There BETTER not be a clot cew, those arent fatal are they? They CAN be, if they become an embolis. They can treat a thrombosis/clot with blood thinner. Sometimes it takes a longer course of meds than other times. It depends. Normally the area - if there is a clot, the area usually has a lot of reddness/tenderness/swelling. You shouldn't rub the area, so that you DON'T cause an embolis, you just don't want to loosen it up. I'd go to Emerg or a doctor asap though, because they can become fatal quickly and without warning. I've already had 2 emerg patients this morning for ultrasounds for this very issue.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took two days off last week and somehow there's 6 day's worth of work that piled up while I was gone. I really, really don't understand why this place is hellbent on killing me. I want to go back on my fantastic weekend voyage pre-wedding honeymoon and never come back.
  • Options
    I'm getting married in 5 days!!  And I feel like we have a lot to do.
  • Options
    currently sick at home with a lovely damp rug and damp walls. oh yeah burst pipe....... oh the joys of homeownership.....
  • Options
    I was an hour late for work because my stupid alarm didn't go off.Also, I'm very crabby this morning. I know I'm really excited that my wedding is in 13 days, but if one more person points that out to me, I think I might lose it. Yes, I know...this fact has been mentioned at least three times this morning. Thanks.
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    I was two hours late for work because I didn't feel well when I woke up. At least my obnoxious coworker isn't here to annoy me today.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    There BETTER not be a clot cew, those arent fatal are they? They CAN be, if they become an embolis. They can treat a thrombosis/clot with blood thinner. Sometimes it takes a longer course of meds than other times. It depends. Normally the area - if there is a clot, the area usually has a lot of reddness/tenderness/swelling. You shouldn't rub the area, so that you DON'T cause an embolis, you just don't want to loosen it up. I'd go to Emerg or a doctor asap though, because they can become fatal quickly and without warning. I've already had 2 emerg patients this morning for ultrasounds for this very issue. Thank goodness some of the advice in this thread is accurate.  Don't panic cew but if you are truely concerned you should check it out today.  A blood clot is squishy if it's on the surface,   blood clots in calves are called deep vein thrombosis for just that reason, they are deep.  If anything the calf would feel harder than usual, not softer.  Usually there's swelling and the muscle will feel warm to touch.  Do you spend long periods standing or sitting without position changes?  That is a risk factor.  Do you have varicose veins?  I have some and they cause aching sometimes.  I know a lot of people who were very overweight that have problems with varicose veins as well.
  • Options
    Do you spend long periods standing or sitting without position changes?  no. That is a risk factor. Do you have varicose veins? Yes, but I've had them for years because I used to be very overweight I have some and they cause aching sometimes. I know a lot of people who were very overweight that have problems with varicose veins as well I think this may be it. Thanks so much for the info. And the concern that you ladies have shown me has really touched my heart. I actually feel a ton better right now b/c I don't have any symptoms other than the ache in my calf. It has risen a bit to just behind my knee, but it's pretty dull. There is nothing unusual looking or feeling about my leg besides the pain, so I bet it's something else. I've got an appointment for first thing tomorrow morning. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards