New York-New York City
Options

wedding dress salon recs

I'm getting married in N. Jersey, but live in the Bronx. Any suggestions for wedding dress shopping in the city or Westchester? Thanks!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: wedding dress salon recs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at Designer Loft.  The people are really sweet, and they have lovely stuff.
  • Options
    whitts79whitts79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Mark Ingram and only have on;y good things to say about my experience there. I would also recommend Gabriella NY in the meatpacking district - they had amazing service and it was a great salon.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lovely bridal in the West Village NYC.. It's an old townhouse converted over to this amazing and romantic bridal salon. It's like entering some old romantic scene... Love them and they have great prices for the gowns they carry.. You will feel like a princess, they will take good care of you.. I had an amazing experience. I got my dress from there last week..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker//global.theknot.com/tickers/tt
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, DON'T go to Adrienne's on the Lower East Side. My friend got her dress there and it was a nightmare from start to finish.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kleinfeld - Manhattan
    Boticelli - Bronxville
    Wedding Altelier - Manhattan
    RK Bridal - Manhattan
    Saks - Manhattan
    Also there are various designer-specific places in Manhattan such as Vera Wang and Priscilla of Boston.  It just depends what you're looking for and what your budget is.
  • Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Kleinfelds (too big and busy for me), Saks, Amsale, and Vera Wang...all very nice.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVED Priscilla of Boston!!!
  • Options
    togerptogerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gabriellas and Mark Ingram. Kleinfelds is a zoo!
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pronovias is amazing! got my dress there and it was a great experience all over
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loved my experience at Mark Ingram too! So attentive and I was really difficult, ha.
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_wedding-dress-salon-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:23cdb59a-efcc-4f12-b386-e4663ebadb84Post:f4294b36-d073-4af1-bea2-4f65da7a5e66">Re: wedding dress salon recs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought mine at Designer Loft.  The people are really sweet, and they have lovely stuff.
    Posted by sjnsjnsjn[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I LOVED them!

I had a terrible experience at Kleinfeld's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about places that have dresses under $2000? I've been doing some Web research, but it's hard to tell with some of the places. 
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_wedding-dress-salon-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:23cdb59a-efcc-4f12-b386-e4663ebadb84Post:26ffa7bc-000c-4e04-ab56-36e1c6ebfaac">Re: wedding dress salon recs</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about places that have dresses under $2000? I've been doing some Web research, but it's hard to tell with some of the places. 
    Posted by sameve[/QUOTE]

David's bridal on the West side had a HUGE selection of gowns, and if you wait, they even have sales!
  • Options
    kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RK Bridal, Designer Loft, and Macy's Bridal Salon by Demetrios all had gowns under $2K. Plus there are lots of sales going on everywhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would reccomend the Cotton Bride. The designs are beautiful, and my dress was under 2k, even with the cost of changing from a gathered skirt to an a-line.
  • Options
    katia87katia87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to PRONOVIAS today, they Have beautiful gown under $2000, It was the first place that i went and loved it. ASK for Katarina.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards