Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Moving wedding up

2»

Re: Moving wedding up

• Options
    Lol, gg! I think you proved them wrong by now :)
  • Options
    Tlv - If that had been the case (people assuming I was pregnant) then I would have had the kid by now. Phew!Pearl - I know that telling a lie may seem like the easiest/best thing to do right now, but it will bite you in the asss down the road. Think about the environment you want your child born into.
  • Options
    and, if you're Catholic, a priest is unlikely to marry you anyhow.
  • Options
    You made an adult decision to have sex before marriage, knowing it would piss family off.  Now you have to be adult and own up to it.  You dont want the birth of your child to filled with people being pissed that they were lied to.
  • Options
    Honestly I really hope everything works out well for you.  Hopefully everyone will keep their priorities straight and think about the baby, not the "rules" you're breaking. Good luck!
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    It's not that bad. It's a little sooner than you expected, but you guys are getting married anyway. Better you have a baby with your fiance, whom you already decided to marry, than with a man you don't care that much about, right?You guys are adults. Your family will love the baby. You'll all be okay.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Actually, oot, that would depend largely on the priest that you encounter. For example, some priests won't marry couples that live together - but some have the, "well, if they're already living together, might as well get them married and legal" approach. It really just depends. But I don't know if PP is even Catholic :) But Pearl, I hope everything works out for you, I'm sure that it's a tough situation.
  • Options
    Like everyone else has said I think the best thing to do is tell your family the real reason the wedding is being moved up.  If you think your dad would be furious that you are pregnant I can guarantee he will be more furious if he finds out later that you, FI and your mom were hiding this from him.Just be upfront with everyone.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm glad you seem to be coming to your senses.  There are things in life that happen that aren't to our parents' or family's liking; however, you're an adult now and you have to accept your decisions and move forward.  While people will be shocked at first, I'm sure the joy of the baby (and it isn't like you got knocked up by some random dude) will overcome all of that in the end.
  • Options
    It will be difficult to be honest, but when that child is born, your family and your FI's family won't care when it was conceived. You and your FI love each other and are getting married to provide a home for your baby. Trust me, my sister got pregnant at 19 and my dad was devastated, but she and my BIL got married and once my niece was here, it didn't matter. Your marriage and your child is what matters. You have such an amazing blessing on the way. Congratulations!
  • Options
    I agree with PP, nothing melts the heart of a grumpy old man than a baby. Really. While they might be disappointed, you can steer the conversation towards the baby and what a blessing children are. You can't change what happenned, but you can own up to it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    this is dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Dont you think your own dad will ask why you moved it up?  Are you planning on lying to his face.  I don't reccommend it.  If this baby is supposed to be considered a blessing - then you need to act like it.  Not hide it and pass it off as a premie.  Do you know how terrible that is??? Plus, you'll never even get that far, people will know.Far less people will judge you for being knocked up, then being too ashamed of your own child and lying about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards