Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR: SyFy Movies

Is there anyone who is also in love with the cheesy 31 days of Halloween movies on Syfy Channel? If not, please feel free to laugh. I checked my DVR and saw that I recorded 7 of them. Guess I'll start watching now..
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR: SyFy Movies

• Options
    It bothers me that they are now "SyFy" and no longer "SciFi."
  • Options
    Which movies did you record?
  • Options
    Wrong Turn 2, Slaughter, From Within, just to name a few. I hate too how they changed their name.
  • Options
    No but I might have to watch a few. Please tell me Cabin Fever is one of them.  I saw that on scifi when it was still scifi and, despite how bad the movie was, I had nightmares. Plus I love Ryder Strong.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Their name is really SyFy?  I thought that was just a bad typo
  • Options
    It does come on at some point I think. If you are as big of a nerd as I am, I went online so I can see what movies are playing on which days and then went through and recorded as many as I could.
  • Options
    Britt - It is. They changed it a few months back. It bothers me.
  • Options
    No one knew what the Sci meant so they changed it to the phonetic spelling.
  • Options
    That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    People couldn't figure out Sci? Oh goodness.
  • Options
    They changed the spelling?  How is SciFi hard to understand?  The new name looks stupid.  Did the marketing guys get it from his kids' texting lingo?
  • Options
    I have a feeling that if you couldn't figure out what SciFi stood for you wouldn't be watching the channel in the first place.
  • Options
    I totally made that up I was being sarcastic haha. Sorry.
  • Options
    Oh thank god Nebb, I was really worried :)
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I honestly wouldnt be surprised though.
  • Options
    When I first saw "SyFy" in the corner of the television screen, I had to sound it out. I had no idea wtf it was, but then realized that it was actually SciFi spelled differently.
  • Options
    I'd heard somewhere they were trying to stray from the star trek/star wars/etc image people tend to associate with sci-fi and that was the reason for the spelling change.However, it annoys me, too. If it means I don't have to watch the commercial where the guy pulls the hair out that then dissolves his body, though, I can deal with it....I saw a little of Wrong Turn 2, and didn't like it - too Texas Chainsaw Massacre for me (the original which I love). But, yes, bring on horror movies, cheesy and non!!!!  I've seen Cabin Fever multiple times. The pancakes kid makes me laugh.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I do love scifi movies, it ranks up there with my obsession with lame lifetime movies. I also hate the new name.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they changed the spelling so they could more easily trademark it.  Sci Fi was too general and, in order for a trademark to be registrable, I think it has to meet certain criteria for "distinctiveness."  I love some of the movies they've made.  Tin Man was awesome, and I'm really looking forward to Alice.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards