Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I don't want to get married

For the first time in the last 2 years of planning I'm just not feeling it. I'm not excited, I'm just stressed out and miserable. Has anyone else had a similar moment, or am I completely alone here?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I don't want to get married

• Options
    Do you not want to get MARRIED, or do you not want to get WEDDINGED? BIG difference.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Not wanting to get married and not wanting a wedding are two very different things.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    To clarify, you don't want to get married, or you don't want to make a big deal out of a wedding?
  • Options
    Weddinged I guess. I want be married to FI.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure most, if not all of us have gone through it. You're less than a month out. I know a lot of ladies just wanted to get it over with by that point. I haven't wanted the wedding since day 1. I want to go get married on the beach with just our parents. But I'm having a wedding for FI. You're so close! I'm sure you can make it just a little over 3 weeks.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    I think that's pretty normal.  FI is way more about the big wedding than I am, but he couldn't plan it for anything.  So, I get un-interested because I feel like I'm planning just for him & he's not interested in the planning at all.  Do you know why you're weddinged-out right now?  Drama, issues, money, just tired, ???
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    yeah, my sister had a stressed out and miserable, don't want to get married, etc, about 3 weeks before the wedding.  I said "so don't marry him".Sometimes a little sister should have listened to her big sister but that's not you.What gives, really?
  • Options
    We're not even having a big wedding, but I'm convinced that it's just as stressful. I want to go to a JP and get it over with.
  • Options
    You guess you want to marry him or you do want to marry him.  which one?
  • Options
    I think it's mostly job stress, but several of my vendors are really lacking in the communication dept, and the person who was supposed to do my alterations flaked out today. Now I have 2 weeks to find someone else.
  • Options
    If you want to marry your fiance, that's one thing. It's fine to not want a wedding. I'm 11 days out and I was over the planning about a month ago. And I was only planning for 8 months - I can't imagine 2 years. Of course you're burned out. At this point though - provided you know you want to marry him - you have to figure out what's best. You've come this far, you're almost done.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    "I want to go to a JP and get it over with."So it's the wedding that's the stress part,not the marriage?  Just checking
  • Options
    Yes, it can be just as stressful. We're having only 50 people there and I'm totally convinced that I've had just as many stressful moments as a bride planning for 200 people. Some things just go hand in hand with having a wedding. Unless you're Fischy, then apparently, you're the coolest bride ever. Or Bec. She's cool too. But the rest of us normal humans have stressed about our wedding. Its totally natural. Just think about all the work, time and money you've put into it. Now think about how happy you're going to be to have you're closest friends and family all gathered together because they love and support you. From what I hear, it can be one of the most special moments of the day.
  • Options
    I want to marry him. I haven't had any doubts about that.
  • Options
    You can tell its slow 'cause everyone jumped on this one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a lot of wedding stress, but never any real doubts about wanting to marry my H.
  • Options
    ...It's not like we're being mean or snarky...Don't we usually respond to things?
  • Options
    Puhleez, I'm snarky. Just sayin' the title of the post seemed more exciting than the post.
  • Options
    I'm confused. Would people not normally respond? Am I boring you? I'm just stressed out and I figured you ladies would understand.
  • Options
    I think it's normal to get burned out.  I didn't have a hairdresser or flowers until the day before the wedding.  At about two weeks out, I was so apathetic, DH could have called the whole thing off and I would have been relieved*.  But we stayed together the night before the wedding to have some time to ourselves and I remembered why we were doing this and all became good again.   *PMSing two weeks before your wedding = BAD.  I wouldn't recommend it
  • Options
    No, Pumpkin, it's just a slow night. Nothing you did or said.
  • Options
    Well there's a HUGE difference between not wanting to get married and not wanting a wedding.  That had to be cleared up first.
  • Options
    So talk to us. What is stressing you out so bad? If you're going through it, I'm sure there's someone on here that has already been there, done that.
  • Options
    I am bored. And buzzed on rum runners. Courtesy of my honeymoon. I thought I was a vodka girl... I might love rum more.
  • Options
    go down about 15 posts to Jay & Sara "can lurkers poll?"See if there's not enough there to take your mind off the nit picky details.(sorry, whit, about the reference to nits)
  • Options
    jess, rum = nectar of the gods.  rum runners, pain killers, rum punch...so much goodness
  • Options
    ::runs in::WHIT HAS COOTIES!!!::runs out again::
  • Options
    I could sooo use some rum right now. Unfortunately I'm stuck at work right now :(
  • Options
    i am 3 weeks out and stressed about everything. nwr- my biggest concern is my weimaraner is in the hospital. i am praying she lives through the night. but i am very behind in things i need to do and have probably not been the most organized bride. (which has shown itself at this point.) but i want to get married and i want to have a wedding. if every little last thing doesn't get done, my marriage will happen and the wedding will go on. we joke about going to jop but we are doing this.are you overwhelmed with things to do?
  • Options
    Most things you dont notice. Centerpieces? No. Anything to do with cocktail hour? Nope, no clue what when on. Barely remember receiving line. DONTWORRY. Just dont lose marriage license/certificate like my mom did. Actually that wasnt a big deal, we just got a copy at the courhouse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards