Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

PSA

It's DEFINITELY. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y. Definitely.Not definetly, not defiantly, not definatly, or any other variation. I'm genuinely curious. What is SO difficult about spelling "definitely" correctly?

Re: PSA

• Options
    Who cares?
  • Options
    Probably the same thing that makes it hard for people to spell ridiculous.
  • Options
    wow P2 you definately got youre panties in a bunch over this one. :p
  • Options
    Hahaha. I was deffanetlee spell checking your post.
  • Options
    Can we add there/their/they're, its/it's, and your/you're to the list please?
  • Options
    definitely ridiculous.
  • Options
    I'm genuinely curious. What is SO difficult about spelling "definitely" correctly?It's all the silent js.  Damn those silent letters!
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Yeah, it's definitely definitely.  That doesn't bug me as much as when people put apostrophes on plurals for no reason.  That's probably my biggest grammar pet peeve.
  • Options
     for me, its because i think of the word define. oops.
  • Options
    kiki, I care, thank you. It drives me batty. I don't mean only on this site. In general, it's like 75% of the population cannot spell it. It's spelled EXACTLY like it sounds. Whoever mentioned "ridiculous" is also right. I just don't understand what is so hard about it. Vent over.
  • Options
    Both of my best friends can't spell "tomorrow." They spell it "tommorow."One of my friends spells "front" like "frount" and "kisses" like "kiss's." I don't get it.
  • Options
    cocoreo - YES. Whenever I see "STD's" I want to rip my eyeballs out.
  • Options
    They're/Their/There is a much worse crime, because they mean different things. Although, defiantly does mean something different than definitely.
  • Options
    THANK YOU. My ex spelled it definatly 100% of the time in texts. It made me want to punch him and call him stupid. In addition, I prefer addictive over addicting and function over functionality. In closing, someone on here said "irregardless" the other day. NOT A WORD.
  • Options
    Add separate to the list too.  It's not seperate.  It's not.Also, P2 a public apology for briefly confusing you with pumpkinprincess.  I thought temporarily you had lost your mind.  My apologies.
  • Options
    [i]defiantly[/i] This is actually a word. Though if it's being used as "definitely", that's amusing. Andplus, you used definitely so many times in that post that now it just looks all wrong to me.
  • Options
    Alix, I know it's a word...but I've seen it here and other places (ie - facebook - the root of all grammar evil) when they meant "definitely". And I know...I had to check 3 bazillion times to make sure I hadn't spelled it incorrectly myself. It looks so wrong after that many. Kiki - their/they're/there and your/you're irritate me as well. I've vented about that here before though. Today, I definitely have no patience for the "definatly" thing. We all graduated from high school. We should all be able to spell it.
  • Options
    capri - i have no idea what you're talking about. But apology accepted.
  • Options
    Another one that gets me is conversate.  Thanks to rappers, everyone seems to have forgotten that the word converse exists.
  • Options
    You know what else drives me?When people say "should of". No. It's "should have".
  • Options
    Another one that gets me is conversate. Thanks to rappers, everyone seems to have forgotten that the word converse exists. Ditto.  This drives me nuts.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Some people, myself included, have severe learning diablities that make spelling difficult. This is a word I mispell often. I try, but sorry if it bugs you. Oh well.
  • Options
    Ooh, you know what else bugs me?  "I could care less."  Really?  Well, if you could care less, than you must care a little, so what's your point? 
  • Options
    [i]Ooh, you know what else bugs me? "I could care less." Really? Well, if you could care less, than you must care a little, so what's your point?[/i] We go over this all the time on here for some reason. I couldn't care less means exactly that whilst I could care less is sarcastic. Both are acceptable, it depends on where you're from.
  • Options
    p2 your defiantly a ridoculus amount of fun.
  • Options
    I can't stand when people say "I could care less"... do they realize that means that they do care!..It's "I couldn't care less"!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've had the could vs. could not care less argument. This graphic pretty much settled the debate: [img]http://i36.tinypic.com/sg36dt.png[/img]
  • Options
    irish - aren't you a teacher? I fully believe that teachers, no matter what subject area, should be able to spell. Sorry if I'm mistaken. But the latter half of my comment still stands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards