Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

My writing is getting published!!

Don't get too excited. I wrote a ricockulously long email to the editor of the St. Louis Magazine, about how snooty it was and about how they ignored some of the best parts of St. Louis because they're not trendy enough and the all knowing young professionals that go to law school at SLU didn't go there.  I mean it was LONG.  And verbose. And biitchy. Anyway, I never expected to hear anything back, but I just got an almost equally long email back from their editor in chief directing me to other stories and asking for restaurant recommendations and such.  I think I pissed him off, but the point is that part of my letter (they don't have room for the whole thing :) ) is going to be published in December!I know, probably not exciting to anyone else, but one of my life goals/bucket list items was to get something I wrote, anything I wrote, published.  I don't even care if it's just a letter to the editor, I'm pretty stoked. I feel so important :)
Leo says hi. He's...special.
Married
Planning

Re: My writing is getting published!!

• Options
    Sweet!  You'll have to post an excerpt. I love biitchy letters.
  • Options
    That's awesome!  Good for you! 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Congrats! And yes, please post. I love bitchy.
  • Options
    I kind of want to see this email. I'm a fan of anything that is both bitchy [i] and [/i] verbose.
    image"
  • Options
    I mean I can post it here, but seriously it's really long.  And might not make much sense if you aren't from St. Louis and don't read the magazine :)  But if you really want...
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Actually I think that's awesome.  Good job.
  • Options
    That is awesome!!! I always kinda wanted one of my complaint letters to get published. Please show us a link when available. Yes, I'm [i]that girl[/i] - the one who writes the airline, restaurant, hotel's corporate, etc. that gave me bad service. I'm just looking out for all of us consumers ;)
  • Options
    Congratulations!  Excellent job. :) I think it is very cool to see your name in print!especially when it isn't the local arrest records.... lol (I still secretly peruse my old hometown paper, hoping to see the ex's name on there..... I'm evil, I know.)
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Ha ok I'll wait until it's actually published, hopefully it will be on their website or something.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Awesome!! Frame it and put it on the wall!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome work!One Sunday I was reading the local city magazine that gets circulated for free, and there was an article about women needing to dress well and look young as doing so is essential to success in the workplace (not a 'can you believe this' sort of article, but an article on workplace success in which this lady was providing advice as to how women can best achieve their workplace goals). I wrote a biitchy and lengthy response, which was later published- I had no clue until someone from my new workplace brought it in to show me. The most humiliating part was that they published my whole academic email signature along with my name, and the titled the letter, 'feminism strikes back', hahaha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards