Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

More on the jacket/shrug situation...

I think I'm going with a black wrap. I have a black pashmina, but my older daughter may wear that over her dress. My options are a black satin or velvet bolero jacket that my mom makes for me or one of these two faux fur options. What do you think? If I go with the top one, I'm going to cut the ribbon ties off and use a big pretty brooch to pin it together.

Re: More on the jacket/shrug situation...

• Options
    I suck. Here's option 2.
  • Options
    I like the first picture better but I also love the idea of a velvet bolero
  • Options
    The structure of #2 looks like it would provide more warmth---but, personally, I would lean towards #1. Wish you had pictures of them with the dress. I'm trying really hard to picture it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Me too Roxy, and I just found this:
  • Options
    Because it's going to be chilly at the wedding, Daf. I need something over my hideous strapless dress. ;)
  • Options
    I like the first one
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like option #1. Is it a little shorter? I think that might be why I like it.
  • Options
    I say #1 out of these pictures, but satin could also look very snazzy!
  • Options
    I like #1, if you do have it made I'd just make sure you get a pretty good quality faux fur so it can be up to par with your dress.
  • Options
    #2 is very pretty
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think velvet (not crushed though) bolero made by your mom. You said she wanted to make something right?
  • Options
    Thanks, girls. My mom definitely wants to make something. She's still miffed that I bought a dress. And I love the shape of that jacket, but it would be smooth, not crushed, velvtet, and without the bottom ruffle. I guess I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow. I've got to figure something out quick. Thanks for all your help!
  • Options
    If you have your mom make a jacket, make sure the fabric is "moveable," if that makes sense... My jacket was made with my dress, and of the same heavy silk and several layers of lining. Because it had to fit just so, and because of all the layers of fabric, it was quite a "structured" piece. That was fine for the ceremony and pictures, but I can't imagine wearing it while dancing, etc. It just wouldn't have been comfortable. That's one reason why I went with the pashmina for the reception. The other reason was because I wanted an "evening gown," and the jacket provided too much coverage. So the pashmina was easy to throw on when needed, and it honestly spent a lot of time on the back of my chair :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards